No. of Recommendations: 6
I like working apartments and condos. If I suspect a perp is in a particular unit, I call 911.

Do you know any of the neighbors near the offending party's unit?

If so, (or if not) call 911 from the nearest payphone. When the operator asks if it is an emergency tell her that you were visiting a friend, and as you were leaving the building, you heard people fighting, hollering for help, screaming, furniture breaking, etc, get the picture. Let the operator know that you "think" someone was getting stabbed or beaten up. Give the address of the offender, then hang up.

The authorites will be there.

It has been my experience that people who stay up that late, playing loud music, and acting with disregard for their neighbors, are more likely to engage in illicit activities.

If the police come suspecting foul play, they may poke around a bit, and find reason to arrest someone.

You can do this 2, maybe 3 times at the most.

The landlord will get an earful from the police.

It will put a cramp in the offender's style.

Never get yourself involved with the authorities.

Or, you could move.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.