No. of Recommendations: 1
I liken outsourcing for software development to a game of telephone at summer camp.

================

LOL. Exactly. Say "web service to query X" at one end and from the other end emerges "a fully distributed, N+1 redundant 3-tiered application with a Spring framework and Hibernate-based object-to-relational mapping layer for the database" at the other end -- 12 months late, $4 million over budget -- that takes 10 minutes to start and can't stay running longer than 3 days without crashing.

It also makes me think of an old comedy bit of Jake Johannsen:

I like voting. I like getting into the booth and pulling all those levers... Though, sometimes, I'm not really sure it's hooked up to anything. I'll pull the lever for something like "healthcare" and out comes something like "flag burning ammendment."

WTH
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement