UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757663  
Subject: Re: For 2828 Date: 12/3/2012 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I listened to the whole thing again a little while ago--it's that good.

Must belabor my point though about Hillman and Parsons. Although Hillman makes a big point of describing how much credit he deserves for songs like Sin City, Wheels (saying something like I had to wake Gram up for the second verse of Sin City which [second verse] never made much sense and then seeming to take credit for having written not only the first verse but also the chorus ((didn't say that but left you to think it; it should have been Sneaky Chris instead of Sneaky Pete))). And no Gram around to defend himself.
----------------------------------------------------
It was that good. I was planning on watching it in 20 minute increments because i find it hard to pay attention for too long but i watched it all the way through because it was so interesting. I wonder if Artimus would recognize some of the tv shows Hillman was talking about because he lived in LA around the same time. You picked out all the part where i felt uneasy, the Gene Clark not being well read, the Sin City part, and the "hired hand" stuff. I must say i was expecting worse because i thought Hillman was much more petty in the book about Gram Parsons.

I can't believe they were waving in the back for him to wrap it up! They should've let him keep talking til he wanted to stop and then edit it or something.

It's a pet peeve of mine when they have a Q and A session and you can't hear the question. How the hell are you supposed to know what he's talking about! I wanted to hear what the exact question was about Pearl Jam singing So You Wanna Be A Rock-N-Roll Star and the part about losing the melody, and the follow up.

What was with the tiny water glass? Was he sipping vodka or something?

You were talking about Country Western clothing. I remember when my italian cousins came over and we drove to Aurora Colorado to visit my older sister because my parents had no idea what to do with them for so long a time. Well since my relatives from Italy have horses and are into horseback riding we went to a huge country western store in Denver, i forgot the name but it was like the size of a big Wal Mart. They ended up buying a bunch of stuff, cowboy themed stuff is big for italians.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement