Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I looked at my 1040 instructions and it appears you cannot file this income on the line for "other income" and I must use Schedule C. However, Schedule C requires more info on the business that I have handy.

Use the Schedule C-EZ, the only "EZ" form I recommend. The hardest thing will be finding the code for the type of activity, but remember, there's always an "other" (usually at the end of the list).

If the $200 was your only self-employment income, you don't even need to bother filling out Schedule SE.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.