No. of Recommendations: 0
I looked out the front window.....a big truck was there...got the jacket (43 deg)...and went out to investigate.

Not the fence people.

It was a city of Plano truck.....for hauling a backhoe.... it was up the street.

So I wandered up the street. They were tearing up the pavement on the cul-de-sac.......had a jackhammer and compressor...that work had been done...opened about a 4x6 foot hole in the concrete pavement. Digging down to the water main......five or six feet down.

Seems they were going around on all the 'dead end' water mains and installing a flush system so they could go around every couple of weeks and 'flush out' the line. There are hundreds of cul-de-sacs in Plano......280, 000 people now.....

It seems that 'code' now requires them. So when we have 'water emergencies' they'll still have to send someone to every cul-de-sac and spent 30 minutes 'flushing out' the end of the water line. Even though we are on 'water rationing'. Duh.

Even sillier, there's a fire hydrant 40 feet from the end of the street but that isn't 'close enough' - duh!......

Probably an Obama EPA new requirement on water systems...... more union and public sector work - probably 10,000 hours to put the system in place....it goes at the curb...where they were tearing that up too.....to put in a well, with the valve..... plus another 10,000 hours a year to go around and flush them every 3 weeks.

bloated government......

t.

>>>>>>
I just knew someone would turn this around to O and politics, geezus, don't you people ever get enough of this negativity? I'm maxxed out after reading the paper and I hate it being in my sandbox of sorts.

LD
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement