Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: umreika Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121  
Subject: I love BARE! Date: 2/10/2008 7:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I used to be an "independent consultant" for Mary Kay until I tried BE products about a year ago. I quickly stopped selling MK, since I couldn't sell one product when I used another! (Well, I could have, but just didn't have the desire to...) I am NOT a big make-up person. I knew lots of people who said MK worked great for them, but I never liked the "cakey" feeling I felt from the liquid foundation. I suffer from rosacea (a very annoying red face), so makeup is my cover. I guess I wasn't meant to be a MK gal, after all...

A quick sidenote from my MK experience --
1. Many women wait to buy replacement product until they are trying to wring the last drop out of the container.
2. People don't like to try on make-up in public.
3. Women will buy make-up (including expensive stuff) even if they don't have any money. Now, fiscally this is not responsible, but I'm not worried a bit about a recession affecting company sales. (A 1930's style depresson could be another story, but I'll worry about that if we head there.)

Anyhow,
I bought my BE Intro Kit from an infomercial (first infomercial purchase ever). Deep down I guess I was looking for something better for my skin than the MK, and I came across the infomercial one too many times! I called and was signed up for the "automatic resend" plan. This is very smart on the company's part, since the customer is automatically charged and the product just appears at your door. You also get an automatic 20% discount each time (I think it is) by being in "the club". If you need the foundation more/less often, you just sign into the website and can change the frequency AND the colors that you get. I now get my product every other month. Also, if you tan a lot in the summer, you can get a darker foundation delivered for a few months and then change your color in the winter. The shipment includes 2 foundations (they can be different colors) and 1 mineral vail. Every shipment or two, they include a surprise present. So far I have received the kabuki-brush and ... ahh, something else that is slipping my mind.

I have also purchased the brush shampoo(wow, that's amazing), the Get Started Eyes (haven't used it much, but I am a minimalist makeup person), and a Buxom Lips product (LOVE IT!).

My next purchases will be the skin-revver-upper, the Rare Escentuals for night time, and I'm thrilled to see they now have a cleanser! I like browsing their catalog but I have waited to purchase until I have over $75 in stuff I want (so I can get free shipping.) And like most women, I am stalling until I suddenly desperately need something.

I always tread REALLY lightly with skincare/make-up products, but I haven't been disappointed yet with BE. I would love to be able to get everything I need for my face from one company. It looks like they are headed that way, and as long as my skin can handle the minerals, I will be a life-long customer. My deep-down true self also hates looking for make-up in public (the way I hate shopping for clothes), so I am extremely happy to be a part of their target TV/internet audience.

The powder does (can) get everywhere. With practice, I have figured out exactly how much to tap into the lid to 'swirl-tap-buff' and not have it fly around. Which reminds me, I really appreciate the how-to-DVD that comes with the kits. The guide gives me confidence that I, too, can actually successfully apply make-up, LOL. I can now finish my face in about 2 minutes (or 30 seconds, if in a big rush).

SO, onto company numbers. I put BARE into my watchlist on 1/24/08 when it was $20.88. It's now up 20%, while the indexes are down...

The only thing preventing me from buying shares is the company debt. SarahGen, you just addressed that in a recent thread, but I'm still a little leary. I'll need to do a little more homework.

I actually live in Japan right now. I haven't seen BE here, but I haven't looked, either. I'll make that my personal homework assignment and let you know what I find.

Cheers!
Umreika
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement