Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I made non-deductible trad IRA contributions in 2009-2011. I filed Form 8606 for 2009 and 2010.

Then you will want to amend those 8606's.

If I remove the excess Roth contributions now, will it only affect 2011? Meaning I will need 5329 for 2009 and 2010?

Yes. For any tax year the latest you can cure an excess contribution is October 15 of the following year.

It may have been obvious to you, but just in case. Go to the IRS webside and get the 5329's and 8606's for the years in question. Othewise you'll go crazy trying to keep the date references straight.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.