Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55906  
Subject: Re: anyone made mini pies? Date: 11/16/2012 9:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I make single tarts using a pot pie pan--here's the recipe. It calls for baking 30-35 minutes.

Gluten Free Apple Pie

Mix:

1/2 c. GF all purpose flour--I used Better Batter
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar

Add:

1TB butter, melted
1 TB. oil
1/4 tsp. vinegar
~2 to 3 TB cold water (enough so the dough forms a ball)

Divide in 2 balls--one piece should be somewhat bigger than the other. Roll each ball between 2 sheets of waxed paper so that it forms a circle. No need for extra flour if using GF flour when rolling out the dough, btw.

Place the larger rolled-out circle into a small (pot-pie sized) pie pan that's been sprayed. (The one I used was 4 or 5 inches across I'd say, but fairly deep).

Fill with prepared pie filling or the following mixture:

1 large apple, peeled and sliced
2-3 tsp Better Batter flour
1 tsp sugar
cinnamon--to taste (the more the better imo)
dash nutmeg if desired

Top with second circle of dough, pinching edges together. Sprinkle with a little more sugar or cinnamon-sugar (~1/2 tsp) Bake approx 30-35 minutes at 350 or until crust is lightly golden and filling softens. Don't overbake.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement