UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726813  
Subject: Re: late lunch or 3rd meal Date: 10/30/2013 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I may fix a kidney bean curry for an early dinner with toasted oatmeal bread and butter and a cold glass of milk. The kidney bean curry contains tomatoes, onions and lots of spice and takes two minutes to cook in the microwave. You don't even have to put it in another container--it just cooks right in the package. Then pours into a soup bowl. How easy Good too.

In response to your question about housekeeping books:

I think the housekeeping books I received from PBS for my contribution were by Graham Haley, in fact I'm sure of it. They seem to be out of print by now although you can pick up a hint book used from Amazon for around $4.00. And a couple are still available on Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/Haleys-Cleaning-Hints-Graham-Haley/dp/......

My collection is in the basement on a shelf chock full of housekeeping and gardening books that I have bought with the goal of self improvement. If intent gets you any rewards in heaven I'm doing fine, with "intent" being the operative word.

I think what I need to do is let go of my workout routine or at least delay it until the evening and focus on paperwork that needs to be done. I can be at the gym for several hrs and come home all pooped out and hungry and that's another hour or two, then I have to get to a meeting, heck I run out of time and energy to do "thinking" type stuff.

Making lists of goals and what I value in life seems like a good idea right now......put the time into things I value but also take care of me and mine....and that includes home ownership...ack!

I stayed online too late last night, that bright light wakes up my brain so my sleep was short last night and I had an early appt with Vet Cardiologist with my other dog, Sweetums Jr. :) I was there for a couple of hrs and then had a lunch at WaWa with some of their delicious Hazelnut coffee with <gasp> half and half......oh man, I love that stuff! Went to Lowe's for some stuff, home, and late lunch/3rd meal...what time was that 3-3:30...paid some bills got online some more to check investments and of course this message board......and that's all she wrote. Made a few phone calls and now, I'm eating dinner which is: ground turkey, salad and croutons, broccoli medley and mushrooms. I put some peanut butter powder on the veggies for flavoring, not bad. It's called PB2, guys at the gym use it in their shakes....and they have chocolate flavored too....I didn't buy that thinking it would turn out to be a disaster for me.....I'd be ordering cases of it in a week's time. :)

Where was I? Oh yes, dinner.....have you eaten yet? :)

LuckyDog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
the road to my house is paved with "good intentions". :)

That bean curry sounds delicious.....I'd love some thank you. :)

I'll take a look see at the Haleys Cleaning Hints book...sounds nifty.

I've been to the FlyLady site before and take a few tips from it then get bogged down. I tend to do these things in spells....like the timer the other week, did it for a few days, life got busy or my priorities changed and that was that. The timer is still on the kitchen table along with the other mess.

I never bought Getting Things Done book though although I heard it was a good book.....I'll ponder that one again.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Feste Award Winner Announced!
Congrats to the Winner of the 2013 Feste Award!
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Why Should Berkshire Hathaway Survive?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement