UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (379) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: crickettehkr One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308782  
Subject: Re: HERE IT IS - MY MAJOR CC DEBT !!! Date: 3/1/2007 8:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I may get a whole lot of negative responses to this, and here goes....

When I became disabled I began selling family antiques on eBay. My Grandmother and Mother died within five years of each other and I had a whole lot of their items stored in the attic for over 17 years. I am still selling some of those antiques (yes, there was a TON of this) and have also begun selling the coin collection. I think about the house I want to have when the children are out on their own and look at items before I sell them. If I don't think I'd want a certain piece in the house I sell it. Again, please remember that I am not *in debt* other than my mortgage, and I am limited with my income so I have to AVOID debt.

My Grandmother and Mother left me all their jewelry. It was very easy for me to sell the items that I didn't like and that none of my children wanted. I have three family diamond rings. Each of them were appraised with a resale value of just over 30K in total. I have three children and each of them will get one of the diamonds. If my financial situation became so dire I would sell the diamonds; and only as a last resort.

An Engagement ring may be a luxury and there is sentiment behind it. Yes, sell it if there is NO OTHER choice, but I wouldn't sell it right away. Then again, I am female and do make decisions with both sides of my brain.

Hope
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (379) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement