Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: griesbach Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Re: TSA? Date: 12/19/1999 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I may need to check further but it is my understanding that upon retirement my wife will be able to roll her 403(b) account into an IRA. This is quite unlike my deferred compensation plan (457) which doesn't allow any rollover. We both max them out. Her plan allows the choice from a very wide selection of mutual funds from such families a Strong, Fidelity, Price, Vanguard and others. Before we were togeather she was tied up in a Lincoln National fixed income annuity with little additional infusion of cash. (I thinks the guy who sold her that should be on the inside looking out). We got out of that and went to an all equity program. It is my plan to retire about two years earlier than her and we will draw down my deferred comp over a 10 to 12 year period and roll over her 403(b) into an IRA and let it grow. Then, of course, we will be able to go into our fully funded Roth IRAs. Additionally we will each get a defined benifit pension from our state jobs that has had an historical annuanl adjustment of 5%.

Does this plan sound OK to anyone?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement