Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Bobcatkitty Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Re: Question For Other Retired Fools Date: 6/6/2002 8:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I may not have been very clear in my explanations, so I'll try again.

We've decided that the lifestyle we have now is more than we're currently willing to continue to support. Hence, trading in both cars, & selling a house we didn't need when we built it and now feel the current amount of money needed each month to maintain..i.e. taxes, lawn, maint.fee etc. is simply more than we want to pay.

We did meet each year with our advisor, and do take full responsibility of laziness/lack of interest when the boom of the mid-late nineties was happening. We were well diversified (still are) but had more than we should have in a couple of "tech" companies. We have since bailed out of all but INTC (gasp, what a day today), and have now purchased large cap well known stocks of outstanding companies. We still are highly diversifed.

Current income is not an issue, but I did take a look at the Morningstar rating of VFIIX that you mentioned.

My point simply was that we feel we also need some super conservative investments, as they make me sleep easier at night.

We have an appt. with our advisor in July, and as the Reba song says " I wouldn't want to be you right now". We are preparing a long list of questions that we expect answers to, and a better plan than what has been in place these last 6 1/2 years.

Kitty
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Not Cheering the Shire Deal
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement