UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5162  
Subject: Re: New day Date: 7/3/2012 9:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I mean Should have listened to Anurag

Yes I quite agree. I'm still following NOK, but,
yes but, I have to admit I'm out of NOK as of right now.

I bought in two lots. First on 4/30/12 at $3.63 then on 5/24/12 at $2.73
Trying to catch a falling knife as they say.
Sold the first lot on 5/31/12 at $2.69 for a loss. Hmpf! I'll be able to write off on my taxes next year.

Why sell? I was starting to lose confidence in NOK and JPM has been on my radar and I always wanted to buy if the price was right. After that plunge, I had a little extra cash and also used the proceeds from the NOK sale to buy a position in JPM.

I was still holding on to my 2nd lot of NOK because, hey you never know. Then a recent IPO caught my attention; The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG)
IPO'd in May. An alternative asset investment group. I'm still trying to get my head around them, but the way they're structured with the compensation of the management of each of their funds is very shareholder friendly, I should say Unitholder as it's a limited partnership. I am gonna request a board for them if one hasn't been already to elaborate further on.

Anyway, since I wanted to take a chance on CG, I was able to scrape up a little more cash and I pooled it with my sale of my 2nd lot of NOK on 6/13/12 at $2.80 for a small gain. Incidently that particular lot was beating the S&P at that time at about 2.9%

My investment in JPM I believe was that I had to strike while the iron was hot. They're definately going through a rough patch but I'm taking the chance that they're way undervalued and the price will recover before the year is out.
My investment in CG I believe has the potential to turn out to be a beautiful partnership as a unitholder.

All that said, NOK is still on my short list to reinvest in again. This bit of quick trading is not what I usually do. I always buy with the intention of holding for at least a year or more. NOK was the exception for me. As of right now I'm more comfortable watching from the outside. On another note it's getting close to the expiration of my current mobilephone plan and I'm thinking of getting the Nokia Lumia on my next plan.

Best,
blesto
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement