UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: vision1220 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75384  
Subject: I might be crazy but.... Date: 4/10/2013 12:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Awhile ago I reached out for the community's input regarding my plan for retirement and am thankful for the advice that I recieved. I have done my due dilligence and am ready with the exception of one MAJOR concern.

How do I fill the void of so much time on my hands?

Let me back up and give a brief overview. I'm single, no kids or grand kids, no pets (although I am a dog lover), I love to play golf but would get bored playing 5 times a week and probably have been a workaholic it most people's eyes. I love my job and make a six figure salary but I just don't want to keep pushing like I have in the past.

In my attempt to keep this brief I had an epiphany or a warped thought last night.

Because of my uncertainy of filling the time void what if I came up with a plan to present to my employer to help me erase this issue.

Please assume what I lay out could be totally acceptable to my employer for a lot of various reasons without going into all the details.

The Plan. Seek a salary of 14K, They cover all medical/dental premiums, provide an auto allowance, provide corporate housing (I own a home in MN but rent in my current location)and agree to 8 weeks vacation per year.

This would create a savings for them of over 60K per year and the business would remain fluid and would at least provide me a glimpse of what slowing down truly means.

I realize true DD includes filling that time void but I can't wrap my arms around it yet. From a financial standpoint I am fine.

Am I crazy???
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement