Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TDJ1 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6776  
Subject: I need a book recommendation. Date: 10/26/2011 2:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Fools,

I'd like to buy a book that outlines a good approach to teaching children how to handle money. I know there are different philosophies about this sort of thing, but I'm interested in establishing an allowance (in contrast to paying them for tasks around the house).

Does anyone know of a good book?

TDJ
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6760 of 6776
Subject: Re: I need a book recommendation. Date: 10/26/2011 7:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Don't have a book recommendation, but I've written quite a bit over the years about how we handled allowance and financial lessons in general in my house. Maybe some of my posts and the ensuing discussion will help you. Here are 2 pointers for you.

http://boards.fool.com/do-kids-need-money-to-learn-about-fin...

http://boards.fool.com/my-chldren-are-12-and-they-get-an-all...

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6761 of 6776
Subject: Re: I need a book recommendation. Date: 10/26/2011 10:30 PM
Most of what I did with my kids is here (starting as recoveringfool). They turned out pretty well.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement