UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Bambibomb Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308541  
Subject: I need a little bit of help..... Date: 5/4/2000 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I got into a lot of debt when I got married and my husband got sick. Ive gotten my credit cards paid off (whoohoo) but when I went to get it all cleared off my credit report I discovered a debt from an old apartment, where instead of contacting me they just turned it over and put it on my credit report. I tried to contact the collection agency and get it solved ( I was hoping to buy a house and needed to clear it up fast) by setting up a payment plan with them. The collector said that it was not her job to help me and that I had to pay the balance in fulland she would not accept payments. One of my roommates told me to send a letter to the three credit bureaus explaining all that and that the collector had refused payment. My question is What happens now? I also needed an opinion on a credit card dilemma. I have applied for a credit card lately so I could put that collection on it and some leftover hospital bills and was turned down cause of my bad credit. I received a credit card offer in the mail from Providian Visa Gold offering me a $500 unsecured card for a processing fee of $49. That seemed like a pure luck until I read the fine print. It has a 23.99% apr and no grace period and an annual fee of $59. It did say that in three months I may qualify for an automatic line increase at no charge and after that I may also have the opportunity to accept special offers of credit, up to $1000 a year for a fee of $49-99. Is this a good deal for me? I was thinking I could get the card and establish good credit with it and in about six months or so try to switch to a better card. Thanks!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Burger King's Play Not For Taxes?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement