UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4290  
Subject: I nominate dfish Date: 2/17/2012 7:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
dfish posts a list of Dividend Champions monthly, which is an invaluable resource for those of us interested in quality stocks with a history of reliable dividend payouts.

http://boards.fool.com/updated-us-dividend-champions-2981750...

You don't find the flash in those posts, as a rule, the real mechanics are in the charts and graphs (free downloads!) which he links on a more chart and graph friendly site.

http://boards.fool.com/updated-us-dividend-champions-2969807...

While he puts his links mainly on the Dividend Growth Investing Board and the Drip Investing board, they eventually find their way to METAR, Retirement Investing and other places where people have similar interests, which is to say: making money.

http://boards.fool.com/bruce-i-think-the-40s-is-a-quotnormal...

The charts are generally accompanied by articles which appear elsewhere (Seeking Alpha), but everything is provided free, timely, and, did I mention, free.

I nominate dfish for his selfless, thorough, and useful work which benefits anyone who wants to spend the minimal amount of time needed to download a spreadsheet and be introduced to the world of safe, reliable investing. I can't imagine what use he might make of the free Fool products should he win, but I'd sure like to see.

If he wins, I'm going to demand he cut me in for a share of the revenue he generates from these free downloads, which I anticipate will be in the several millions of nada.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4171 of 4290
Subject: Re: I nominate dfish Date: 2/21/2012 10:58 PM
Recommendations: 0
<I can't imagine what use he might make of the free Fool products should he win>

I didn't want them either, so I formally declined them. Otherwise they will be reported as income and taxed.

Wendy

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4172 of 4290
Subject: Re: I nominate dfish Date: 2/22/2012 1:18 AM
Recommendations: 5
I can't imagine what use he might make of the free Fool products should he win.

I didn't want them either, so I formally declined them. Otherwise they will be reported as income and taxed.

Wendy

For that same reason on winning The Feste I forwent the Lamborghini, a week on the Riviera and…oh, those aren’t being offered anymore, are they? Ah, well.

On a sadder note: the sculptured trophy for The Feste (a large bronze of two Canadians copulating in a canoe about to go over a waterfall and titled ‘Everything’s okay so far,’) is no more. It was lost in an unfortunate gardening accident no one really wants to talk about.

I note the list of this year’s nominees are the usual of talent, competence, and ability. Not one grizzled old fart smelling of salmon guts on his jeans (or similar). Where’s the fairness?

To whomever wins The Feste Award my congratulations. Accept the kudos of your peers for your additions to this community. And hold out for the Lamborghini.

MichaelR

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement