Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I normally use Turbo tax so if these sources of income need to be reported differently or with additional paperwork, will the turbo tax package accomodate this ?

No problem. You will have to do the conversion to $US.

If you have a foreign account that pays interest, say, monthly, and the conversion rate fluctuates during the year, do you need to figure the amount in $US each month, or can you convert the total amount of interest for the year using the conversion rate on 12/31 of that year?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.