Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ricebowlsoupe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 1/12/2005 3:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I often think I should be doing more.

I understand how you feel because I feel that way too. I am able to do the assistance fund for my friend and his wife who lost their twins but their loss and impatience with how things are for everyone is always there, right at the front of my mind.

Today, my third day back at school and by far the worst, I almost lost an entire grade level Humanities unit that DH was working on...trying to help with a problem he was having with formatting. I went to see him at the end of the day and opened the door and looked at him. He said, "It's okay...it was on the flash drive/Swiss Army knife you gave me for Christmas." I bought one for him and one for daughter who takes her computer everywhere and tends to throw it around a bit. I really didn't think DH would use it but his Swiss Army knife was taken away in Tokyo (before we all started to remember not to put that stuff in carry-on's). I walked in the room, sat down and started weeping. I don't think it is because I'm overwhelmed with the course load they have given me for this semester...it's about the feeling of helplessness, uselessness and I tend always to have anxiety that is akin to survivor guilt.

We will get through this...something good has to be on the end of it for some people, although right now, I can't possibly see what it is.

Cheers JPL.
RBS

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement