Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: leaderoftheback Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 140  
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/12/2013 6:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I personally believe we'll see $24 and up but not $13. Thirteen will require an actual flame, or a truly special article. I've got to believe that the naivety of the market must have limits, particularly if it pays attention to when these articles are released.

I'm with you, Duke, for the most part; except evidence suggests that we can't depend on a rational market. Here's a copy and paste from the EBIX board:

High the date of the 2011 short attack; $30.50
Close at the end of the week; $23.48; Down 23%
Close eight weeks later; $20.35; down another 13%

October 2012 short attack Daily High; 22.61
End of week close; $17.89; down 21%
Close Dec 31; 16.33; down another 9%

There was no news that I'm aware of that sould have pushed EBIX from a high of $30.50 to a low of $13.02 the week of October 3, 2011; most of 7 months and two solid quarterly reports later. It hung in the low 20s for a while (30% off the high) before slipping lower in mid-July, four months post-attack.

You can see that it's essentially parallel since the October short attack of 2012. We've been consolidating around $16 for the past 8 weeks; about 30% off the $24-ish at attack time.

There is no reason to think that the pattern will repeat, there is only reason to think that it might. The key is to not be surprised or overly concerned; bearing this in mind from here forward will give us the fortitude to "be brave when others are fearful," as our pal Buffett would say, and scoop up more if and when it does slip lower.

Gee, I lost track that we're actually on the INFN board here, so I'll close with this:
There is no reason to think that the market will return INFN to $4.99 and grant me another third, there is only reason to think that it might. If it does, you all be brave (but please put your limit order in for $4.98)!

-Randy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement