UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976438  
Subject: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 2:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Just wait 10-20 years and you will see that I am right. If the Republicans win, in the next 8 years, it could come earlier.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820636 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 3:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I can virtually guarantee $5 gas in the next 8 years. This isn't much of a prediction. It is an inevitability, and is likely to come as soon as our economy recovers and/or inflation climbs.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820662 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 4:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
I can virtually guarantee $5 gas in the next 8 years.

Not sure where you are, but we're hovering around $4.25 right now in parts of Maryland...If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before his swearing in again.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820663 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 4:36 PM
Not sure where you are, but we're hovering around $4.25 right now in parts of Maryland...If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before his swearing in again.

No worries, he is buying votes from that 47% by giving out free cell phones. He buys the votes before and keeps them afterwards with benefits.

Just who ends up paying if 47% pay no Fed Taxes?

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820693 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 5:36 PM
....I agree. Gas here is hovering around $4.25 a gallon. If Obama gets another 4 more years, I have no doubt gas will be over $5 a gallon before he gets sworn in. - Carol

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820742 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 9:29 PM
"If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before his swearing in again. "

Just the usual MUS.

Republicans have had the highest average gas prices.

How many times have you predicted $5 gas? Still waiting.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820749 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/3/2012 9:42 PM
Recommendations: 26
"If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before 
his swearing in again."

Gas down again today.

Fact - Republican high 4.12

Obama high 3.96

Current average 3.78

Argue with facts all you want.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820965 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/4/2012 9:38 AM
Big whoop. A president doesn't control gas prices. And if you cannot afford gas to go from $4.60 (as it is now in CA) to $5, you have bigger problems than gas.

Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821124 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/4/2012 1:37 PM
If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before his swearing in again.

I've never figured out this attempt by Republicans to link rising gas prices to allegations that Obama's economic policies have failed.

Gas prices move primarily with two variables: (1) the price of oil and (2) demand for gas vs. refinery output. (There is a major third factor in the price, taxes, but we'll assume that those remain constant.)

Refinery output is completely under the control of the oil industry. Neither of the other two factors is under control of the president. But both of those factors increase (causing the price of gas to increase) as economic activity increases, causing demand for gas and oil to climb higher. So, ignoring temporary increases caused by refineries going off line (which the President has nothing to do with), higher gas prices are basically the result of increased economic activity. So how the heck does this show that Obama is bad for the economy? (Maybe what you are saying is that Obama is good for the economy, but bad for gas prices?)

Author: discurro Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821211 of 1976438
Subject: Re: I predict $5 gas Date: 10/4/2012 4:25 PM
If Obama gets re-elected we'll probably have $5 before his swearing in again.

I've never figured out this attempt by Republicans to link rising gas prices to allegations that Obama's economic policies have failed.

Gas prices move primarily with two variables: (1) the price of oil and (2) demand for gas vs. refinery output. (There is a major third factor in the price, taxes, but we'll assume that those remain constant.)

The last factor is that oil companies would prefer a republican president so the seem to engineer some crisis (refineries shut down for maintenance, etc) shortly before elections to ramp up the prices and damper the enthusiasm for the incumbents.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement