No. of Recommendations: 3
I provide my employees 100% of their health care, offer retirement accounts, flex accounts, continuing education and disability insurance but I am not allowed to have many of those benefits.

You might want to talk to a CPA or change CPAs. I'm self-employed as well. I have a self-funded pension plan to which I can contribute up to $42k/year. I can do continuing education that is paid via my company with pre-tax dollars, I could do disability through the company but I don't. If the company paid for it, I would have to pay taxes on the benefits. But since I pay for it, benefits are tax free.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.