UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TheRealBCF Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37587  
Subject: Re: Obama & ACORN Wants Your Home's GPS Loc., Wh Date: 5/4/2009 5:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 165
I pulled this off the article: According to one of the Census workers, who spoke with me on condition of anonymity, they must GPS mark the coordinates “within 40 ft of every front door” in America and they are supposed to complete that mission nation wide, within 90 days, by the end of July 2009. This is a fricking anonymous quote from someone in what is an extreme right wing publication. What the #$%^ is a "GPS mark"? Excuse me, but the census bureau knows where everybody's house is anyway, and has since 1790. It's called an address, with it, I can go find a house any place in the country.

I was thinking about how weird and right wing this board has become. It's actually an embarrassment to me because I started it when I was a Motley Fool employee, and I'm very sorry I did. The extreme paranoid and right wing posts on this board are nothing short of a disgrace to the US military, the Motley Fool, and the posters themselves.

The original intent of this board was not to be a forum for people that have extreme paranoid views of the world, believe in dark conspiracies, and continually condemn in the worst ways possible anyone that disagrees with their extreme viewpoints. It was not meant as a board for people to post their comments that either are accusing our government of horrible things that can't be proven if the politicians in charge are ones they don't like, or defending horrible things that the government does if the politicians in charge are ones they like.

It's funny, it's "bad" to take GPS coordinates of a house during a census, which provides no more information on how to find it than an address with is already taken (and has been for 200 some years), but it's "good" to torture people, or kill them without trial because they are terrorists. Nevermind that it goes against the principles this country was found on, or that someone could have been rounded up by mistake.

A few years ago I pulled out of here becuase the tone got really nasty. One poster accused me of showing total disrespect for every NCO and Officer in the US Army because I was against taking in high school dropouts into the Army, and I thought "risk analysis" of such a thing was a joke. I also got an obscenity laced e-mail from a poster because I thought it good if we had shorts for a uniform like the Brits do. I thought the board was bad then. It was nothing like it is now.

Not only is the paranoid right wing tone of this board sick, but it reflects terrribly on the military. It can easily give the impression to anyone not familiar with our Armed Forces that they are full of malcontents who have the same viewpoints as the German SS of WWII, and might any day overthrow the lawfully elected government of this country. It's downright sickening, and I can't say it enough, it's a disgrace to everything I believe in.

I am out of here. I'm going to ask Twitty to shut this board down, but he will definitely say no. I feel like I have to ask, or at least ask him to change the name. A board with the name "Military Fools" is not the place for the posts that are going up now. We should all be ashamed of what this forum has become.

BCF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement