No. of Recommendations: 1
I realize the mechanism behind it is different. But the effect is the same. I frequently get single-name ballots here in Arizona (not for big national offices, but for lower offices on the ballot). I refuse to mark the single name offered. I will not participate in the hoax that is an "election" with only one choice. I'll mark the rest of my ballot, of course, but not those single-name offices.

And while I get your spinach analogy, how do people really know what they want? If the only thing on the ballot is vanilla ice cream, and that's what they've always gotten, then how do they know they don't want mint chocolate chip unless it's offered? They may not even realize there is such a thing as mint chocolate chip.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement