UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: chowpappy Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127683  
Subject: Re: Deciding a Price Date: 7/29/2004 9:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I really appreciate the response guys. I talked to another realtor and his opinion was something around 135,000. He couldn't show me any realistic comps because there aren't any. Two broken down trailers out in the sticks and everything else is a quarter million dollars on up. The Corps of Engineers rules this lake with an iron hand and won't allow more boat slips.
This area went from a population of 200k to 350k in the last few years so in my mind it seems like I'm getting ready to sell the one property everybody wants. Thats what is puzzling me about the attitudes of the agents I'm talking to --that the place will probably sell in the mid 135s when I already had it sold once for 140 just by word of mouth. I asked the agent how many calls they get for lake view homes with a slip and his response was 'hundreds'. So my notions are just reenforced about demand when they're getting hundreds of calls with no inventory.
At first I was thinking maybe their superiors are preaching fast turn over. Now I kinda suspect that these agents are thinking in terms of negotiations with the buyer's agent-what arguements about price of square footage, age of the home versus appreciate rates,etc that a cookie cutter home in the burbs would go through. Questions far more sophisticated than the buyer would even know to ask. I know you guys are thinking "well, there's probably a lot wrong with this place that we couldn't know about such as schools, city services, condition of the place, etc, etc..Thats not the case as this place has all that as advantages. The only factor holding it back that I can think of is its a mid 70s style home. This is a really tuff call. One that means several K equity and one that its seems no one (but you guys-thanks!) is helping me make.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement