Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14

I really didn't know where to go to ask. You guys have been tagged, sorry:o)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well, you certainly came to the right place. Not to steal your idea but to give it an evaluation, I needed to give it a try. I asked my wife if I could use her TV cause mine was, uh, busy, uh, taping a show. Yea, that's it. Taping a show.

So, being safety aware, I unplugged the set and cut off the top. Then I sealed all the seams with GE Silicone and filled it with water. Some inexpensive goldfish from the pet store seemed a prudent choice for the trial run. They swam all around and seemed very happy in their new home.
It looked like this idea was a winner, and easy too! Time for some light on the subject. I turned that baby on and nothing happened. Boy, was I disappointed. But then I remembered my safety precaution. It wasn't plugged in.

OK, here goes. I put that plug in the wall and immediately began seeing things I'd never seen before in my living room. Fireworks, flashing lights, sparklers, rockets, cannons firing, smoke. Odors? Wow! Ever been to a fish fry? Combined with burning rubber, wood, plastic, flesh, hair,...and my wife's temper. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or this was really happening. My memory isn't real clear about it. (But it's helped a lot with my depression).

When things quieted down and the fire department and EMT's left, I had time to reflect and appraise the experiment. The idea needs refinement, but it has potential. The main health concern is for the fish. I don't want to harm any animals and have all those demonstrators picketing my house. Fingers and hair can be replaced as can mere material possessions. But those poor fish!!

They've all started smoking!!..Just floating along on their backs and smoking away like they didn't have a care in the world. If only they knew. The fire and stuff was only a minor inconvenience compared to the damage smoking can do. I know I'm responsible for this. As soon as I can walk again I'm going out and get some nicorette patches for the little guys. Maybe I'll put my wife's laptop in the tank (tv) with them so they can join us on this board. Hope she didn't take it with her when she left.

So keep on inventing. but on the next one let's leave electricity out of the picture. It only complicates things and makes for a long recouperation period while the mind fades in and out. But except for the few drawbacks noted above, the idea is a sure money maker.

Hang in there
Jack G

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement