Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MoeBruin Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49468  
Subject: Re: Another Video Game Failure Date: 1/29/2013 5:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I rec'd your post esxokm even though I don't agree with you on Iger. I do agree with you that Iger is extremely overpaid as is just about every CEO in America. They are now commanding salaries so far above historic levels it is sickening and in general the performance of America CEO's over the last decade is so far below historic levels it is equally sickening. So with that I agree.

And I probably would agree with you almost totally in your conclusion if I looked at Disney as a movie company. However, when I lookd at Disney I still say the core is theme parks and just one visit to the theme parks these days makes it hard to impress.

My recent trip to Florida made me realize what a money machine they have there. High priceses for admissions and then so many other ways to get you to spend money from souveniers to gourmet restaurants, to rundisney races, etc with Hotel prices that scared me this trip off property. And with that I can add the hotels are all booked and the parks were packed in January. YES JANUARY.

One trip to visit Harry Potter in Universals facility made me realize the magic of Disney. As it took just 15 minutes to get on Harry Potter and Spider Man, I said man I bet these guys wish they had Disney in their name because the same place with the Disney name and a few characters etc would be doing triple the business.

So I do give Iger credit and a lot of his overpaying moves will pay because they all fit into the Theme Parks and that seems to be his strategy buy things that go with the parks and can be used in the parks. So I am good with that.

I agree their technology area is WEAK from their online and game adventures to their reservation systems especially in Anaheim where you still can't make a dining reservation online. But that isn't the real business its a small side business that is an achilihies heel (annoying but not very damaging).

Moe
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement