Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sky1948 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 768  
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/20/2009 5:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I received Roche's new offer today for $95 per share. But we only have until March 25, 2009 to decide whether to take action.

For the last offer Genentech sent out a mailing recommending we not take the Roche offer as they believed it was too low. I'm wondering what Genentech thinks of this offer, but with the deadline of next Wednesday there probably isn't much of a chance that we'll hear from Genentech.

So what are your thoughts about this one?

Razz, on 2/25/2009 you said,"I am putting in my limit sell order for $95.00 - that will give me 15% gain. I almost sold a few months ago for $99. I am not sure we will see that price again soon.

I am build ing cash right now.

Razz
"

Are you taking this offer, or do you have hope for either a better offer or that the share price will increase above $95 even if Roche's offer doesn't?

Sue
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement