UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127684  
Subject: Re: return emails- semi OT Date: 8/24/2013 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 19
I remember stories of people who met Howard Hughes and treated him like a bum, not knowing he was a billionaire. In my mind everyone should be given the same consideration, because you don't know for sure who they are and what they can do for you in the future.

1) Resources are limited. There are only 24 hours in a day.
When you are a saleman, you only get paid when somebody actually buys.
Time spent on something or somebody with a low probability of buying is time that you CAN'T spend on somebody with a HIGH probability of buying.

2) Turn what you said around and look at it from the other person's point of view. You demand that they spend time & effort on you, but you don't want to spend effort or a few cents for a phone call.

But then I guess, I'm abnormal.
No, unfortuntely, your attitude is all to common these days. You think the world revolves around you, and that everybody else should cater to your wishes.

I'm not going to be able to make an offer until I have the information I need to make that offer.
So why aren't you actively making any realistic effort to get that information?
Looks to me that you're acting like a baby bird -- announcing your needs and then waiting with your mouth open for somebody to drop food into it.

Obviously, the fact that I have nursed my parents through 5 operations and a half billion falls and have managed to keep my brother from stealing _ALL_ of my parents money, means absolutely nothing.
Everybody has problems. What makes you so special?

Thanks for all the encouragement and helpful advice.
Ah...you've gotten a ton of useful and helpful advice. You just don't want to listen to it.

Let me ask you this: What if everybody here had sympathy for you and totally agreed that salespeople should have rushed to email you back with all the information you wanted.
Then what? We all agree that they should email you --- does that get any of them to actually, y'know, EMAIL YOU BACK?
Do you think that you whining on a message board is going to get them to do what you want? 'cause none of us have the information you want, and the salespeople that do have that info are not reading this board.

So I might just as well go out back dig myself a hole and shoot myself in the head.
What are you, 16?

Clearly you do not want to face reality. You just want someone to tell you how everything will be ok the way you want it. I hope CC can find you a house to buy and originate a mortgage for your parents to co-sign.
I suspect that CC just said what she did because she likes to tweak the noses of us folks who have crossed her.
The long-time impression I have gotten of CC is that when it comes to business she concentrates on the businees aspect and not the cattiness aspect. Given how quick she is to "fzzzt" off people who she thinks are wasting her time, I can't see her spending a lot of business time on somebody who is unlikely to close a deal.
In the time she'd spend commiserating with somebody who whines that nobody will do what they want, CC could originate 3-4 mortgages that will close.

I could, however, she CC spending a few evenings with LadyIanna in a bar, as they lift a few glasses and complain to each other how mean and unfair the world is, that people won't cater to their whims.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement