No. of Recommendations: 30
In March of 2001, my Equifax Beacon (FICO) score was 562. It is now 798. My other scores were similarly poor last year and are similarly excellent now. Let me say right off the bat that I'm not selling anything, LOL. Most of what I have done to repair my credit I did on my own.

The credit repair (a euthemism, I realize -- "repair") techniques I used:

1) I did several traditional tradeline disputes via the three credit reporting agencies.

2) I successfully requested quite a few "goodwill adjustments" and received them. (Basically, in case this is new to a casual reader, a goodwill adjustment is when you ask or beg [lol] a fully paid, current creditor [with whom you were previously late] to remove the previous late notations out of the goodness of their heart.) This worked for me with several creditors, and I describe this technique fully on another message board here:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=135007#post135007
Here are a few testimonials from myself and others regarding the "goodwill adjustment" technique:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=143754post143754

3) I utilized what I call the "nutcase letter" which I authored for fully-paid creditors which weren't too amicable to providing a simple "goodwill adjustment". In essence the nutcase letter's goal is to make the creditor believe that you are a litigious nutcase who may cost them more money via possible litigation if they don't remove the late pay notations on your bureaus. Here's a link to my letter and philosophy regarding that:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=135007#post135007
Here are many testimonials from others who have used my "nutcase" technique:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=177839#post177839

4) I successfully brought small claims lawsuits against all three credit reporting agencies -- Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian. Here is a post where I detail the timeline of those suits:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=141877post141877
Here is a post where I share a settlement offer letter I wrote:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=146401#post146401
Here are several other links related to my lawsuits that may be of help to others here:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=143322#post143322
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=145360#post145360
Here is a post where someone nicknamed "Lizardking" details his lawsuits. Lizardking was an inspiration to me. Although he is a self-admitted scoundrel and deadbeat (he successfully skipped much debt, while I did NOT), his courage in bringing such lawsuits provided me with courage enough to go forward with mine:
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=66958

5) I did buy some inexpensive consultation, and here is a post where I discuss that.
http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=168054#post168054
(Caveat: Although the consults were exceptionally helpful, if I knew then what I know now expertise-wise, I certainly wouldn't need to buy consultation if I had to do it all over again. Basically, you can learn all of this without buying consultation. Regardless, I did buy assistance the start since I was impatient, and it was helpful.)

There will be many on this board who would level very fair criticisms against me for having no scruples and for suffering an ethical and moral lapse. Certainly, almost all of the tradelines that were cleared were CORRECT, and in all fairness I did not deserve for them to be removed. Regardless, I have not suffered a single moment of guilt. Perhaps I am a sociopath, I don't know. (And as a clinical psychologist, I hope that's not true, but I suppose all of us have an antisocial streak.) I certainly will agree with anyone who follows this post with an indictment of the lack of fairness, ethics, and moral character required to clean my credit files the way I have.

I hope this is helpful to someone out there.

Doc
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2

Doc

I am sure it will help people; some will condemn your post.
I hope you stick around.
Thanks Doc and A Big Welcome!!!
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have 2 dings on my credit report, one for St. Lukes for $24.00 and another one on Experian - some Global something for $27.00 which I never heard of and am now going to dispute! Do I pay them off first (they are small amounts) and then send those letters to the collection agencies to have them removed or should I write them a letter saying "if I pay this off, will you promise to remove this from my credit reports"
Which route do you suggest I go?
No. of Recommendations: 1
There will be many on this board who would level very fair criticisms against me for having no scruples and for suffering an ethical and moral lapse. Certainly, almost all of the tradelines that were cleared were CORRECT, and in all fairness I did not deserve for them to be removed.

I don't see the immorallity in trying to improve an arbitrary, impersonal record, especially when it affects your life in so many ways
No. of Recommendations: 11
Hmm...

I just read that FICO will only give you a 10 point credit for removal of a late notice. Are you sure about your numbers?

LizardKing posted here on the FOOL a while ago.

Have you ever posted under any other name? Your manner of posting looks very familiar to me.

wild:)
Hmm...

I just read that FICO will only give you a 10 point credit for removal of a late notice. Are you sure about your numbers?

Wild

What FICO says and FICO does can be very different.

I have read where paying off debt helps some and some have lost points.

Kinda like a "Random Number Generator"

LizardKing posted here on the FOOL a while ago.

Yeah, he posted under a couple of different names, ie LizardKing 2001 and LizardKing 2010 and I do believe he was finally shunned (or banned)for good reasons.

Utahtea
I certainly will agree with anyone who follows this post with an indictment of the lack of fairness, ethics, and moral character required to clean my credit files the way I have.

Doc

Doc,

IMHO, you have NOT acted with moral character, ethics or fairness. That will only be your own loss. You are only going to attact people like yourself and then who will you be able to trust?

Utahtea
No. of Recommendations: 5
Here is a post where someone nicknamed "Lizardking" details his lawsuits. Lizardking was an inspiration to me.

Trolls of a feather flock together.

Hey. I liked LizardKing. We emailed a few times. He is an a**hole, but he knows it and admits it. I admire that in a person.

He and I fought different battles, he versus CRAs, me versus CAs. But our tactics were similar. Both of us are take-no-prisoners and screw the rules kind of fighting. I'd love to take him on in a Quake deathmatch.
No. of Recommendations: 20
Hi again, well I certainly did expect disagreement regarding ethical issues, but I did not expect to be called a phony. For that reason, I'll answer wildgirl and Fallout2Queen here on the board rather than privately. (wildgirl wrote an email to me as well as posting here.)

We're obviously not sitting together in a room, so the best I can do is make a decision regarding my own right to confidentiality and balance that against your right to know whether someone is posting fact or fiction.

1) First, in my original post, I detailed about a year's worth of posts to another discussion board. I'm very active there and have posted almost 2,000 messages on that board in one year (that board lists the number of messages and "since" date). My nickname on that board is "PsychDoc" (with an "h" -- I had to choose "PsycDoc" without an "h" here because the other was already taken). I clearly did not set out a year ago to invent all of those postings in order to one day come to this board and fool wildgirl and Fallout2Queen.

2) I also listed several threads where I utilized my "goodwill adjustment letter" and what I call my "nutcase letter." Moreover, for each of those, I listed many testimonials from others regarding these same techniques. Frankly, I was very happy to help others in that regard, and I never thought I would be in the position to use those to make a case for my own existence, lol. Regardless, you'll notice that many of the people who found my letters useful also have demonstrated track records on the other board. I can assure you that I did not invent those people and their complicated stories as well during this past year for the express purpose of coming here one day to yank the chains of wildgirl and Fallout2Queen.

3) I have also posted to Michael Kielsky's "Credit Repair" list/board at Yahoo. I'm not shy about my actual identity there (including real name and address) so I'll risk similar courage here by posting a direct link to a list of my messages there where I detailed my CRA lawsuits as well as my goodwill and nutcase letters, etc. I post under "rpadawer" there. Here is that link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/credit-repair/messagesearch/8203?query=nutcase
I promise that I didn't invent all of this for the benefit of wildgirl and Fallout2Queen as well. If you browse that link, you'll notice that Samantha Estes and Scott Davis, two VERY outspoken and exceptionally active participants on that board, congratulated me for my efforts. I also spoke with Scott Davis on the phone and traded a few faxes with him regarding all of this, so if you interact with him, he is certainly able to confirm my identity. (He also has a copy of my settlement letter with Equifax among other things, so he has first-hand confirmation.)

4) During the past year, I also had the good fortune to interact with Christine, the webmaster at credit-related site Bayhouse.com. We also spoke by phone, and I post on her site as PsychDoc. You can search her message board for my postings. Again, I did not create those interactions and postings so that I could day come here and spark someone's cynicism, lol.

5) Finally, I am certainly willing to fax my settlement letters with Equifax and Trans Union to a designated reputable person on this board. (I agreed not to discuss the Experian settlement.) I am also willing to fax my myfico.com printouts from March 21, 2001 as well as from May 20, 2002 (the latter provided through Equifax CreditWatch) which documents the dramatic shift in my credit score. To address wildgirl directly about this, I had many accounts which were 60 and 90 days late repeatedly; moreover, at least one credit card reached 120 days; and several student loans reached 150 days. Today everything on my reports either reads "paid, never late" or has been deleted entirely. Again, if this board has a particularly trustworthy individual who 1) has credibility here, and 2) can accept a fax, then I will allow that third party to confirm this first-hand here.

6) You'll notice that I mentioned that I post under "rpadawer" at the Yahoo board. This is a derivation of my name. I am also the webmaster at Psychology.net (a relatively empty little website with a great domain name). At the bottom of that website you'll notice a copyright notice with my name. If you then visit the Yahoo board I referenced in point 3 above, you'll see my name again. Although I'm sure they won't believe it, I did not create all of that months ago in order to fool wildgirl and Fallout2Queen.

Well, this is about all I can do to substantiate what I've written here. I'm more than happy to try to help others who aren't concerned about the ethical issues involved in doing as I have done. On the other hand, I certainly understand those for whom my tactics aren't considered worthy of attention.

Doc
Quick addendum: I did notice an unintended (and probably inconsequential) typo in my first post -- my FICO score last year was 564 and not 562. This will only be important if I fax my materials to a trusted third-party here. Sorry for that.

Doc
No. of Recommendations: 3
Allisonh2: you mentioned that you are trying to deal with a couple of collection accounts and wanted to know if you should pay them off in order to have them removed. Well, I suspect my advice will differ from others here, but here are your options:

1) Ask these creditors to provide formal validation of your alleged debts. This is entirely within your right per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Now, keep in mind that the FDCPA does stipulate a 30-day window, but that has to do with their right to continue collecting while providing the lawful validation you have requested. In other words, if you just received your first notice from a collection agency (CA), then they must cease collection efforts if you request formal validation until the point where they provide that validation. On the other hand, if you are outside the 30-day window, they can still continue collection efforts, but they still must provide validation. If they fail to validate the debt, they must cease collecting on the debt and must remove all associated negative tradeline notations from your bureaus. For a much better discussion of validation than I can provide, visit this website:
http://www.FairCreditMovement.org

2) If the validation does come through after you request it, then you move to a negotiation track. Many creditors will trade full payment (or less) for tradeline deletion. See what you can arrange at that point, but again I would seek advice from these boards:
a) this board
b) http://www.Bayhouse.com
c) http://www.Creditnet.com
d) http://www.FairCreditMovement.org
e) http://www.Creditwrench.com

3) Finally, if validation and negotiation fail, I certainly WOULD pay off the debts you owe regardless. This is my PERSONAL opinion and is not shared by everyone at the boards I recommended above (although most people here would share my sentiment in this regard, although Fools probably wouldn't play the validation/negotiation games beforehand, lol). At that point, pay your debts, and then move to my "goodwill validation" tactic first (see my original post in this thread for a link and testimonials) and then finally to my "nutcase letter" tactic second (again, see the original post for a link to the letter, rationale, and testimonials). Try goodwill first in case honey happens to work better than vinegar. The nutcase letter has actually been elaborated into an entire sequence by "betacredit" and others, and you'll come across that sequence of letters by browsing the links I provided.

In a nutshell, this is my advice for you. First, it requires the creditor to provide validation, and you're within your rights to ask for that. Since I never went that route myself (since I always paid my debts, although I was seriously late beforehand and ruined my credit rating as a result), I can't provide a first-person testimonial for how that works. However you will find that information by visiting some of the websites I recommended. On the other hand, if you do pay your debts, which again I personally recommend, then you can move to my coercive techniques for encouraging creditors to remove past negative notations on your bureaus.

Hope this helps you, Allisonh2!

Doc
I remember LizardKing's posts and I am probably one of the few who loved what he wrote. I've been thinking about the issue of ethics while reading this thread (since it was brought up). You either have ethics or you don't. Nobody coming here can take away ethics from someone, just as someone without ethics probably won't *suddenly develop* them one day.

There are many tools that are useful to the person who has incorrect, yet erroneous information on their credit report, and I believe this thread falls into that category. However, if someone wishes to use the tools to remove correct information, I don't really care. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to use whatever tools they have at hand in whatever way they wish.

FWIW

Louise
Hey. I liked LizardKing. We emailed a few times. He is an a**hole, but he knows it and admits it. I admire that in a person.

I double concur

I liked him too!!!

cable666 added to your Favorite Fools list.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi again, well I certainly did expect disagreement regarding ethical issues, but I did not expect to be called a phony

I would like to say Thank You for your posts, they are very educational.
We all have different ethics and we are here to agree & disagree.
I am sorry someone called you a phony.
I hope you will stick around and help those who will appreciate it.
For those that don't there a Penalty Box use it!

That is not what The Motley Fool is about.

A little reminder:
The Motley Fool was formed in mid-1993, appeared on America Online a year later, and launched its full site on the World Wide Web in 1997. Its mission was, is, and will always be to educate, to amuse, and to enrich. We're here to help you help yourself with all aspects of personal finance and investing. We don't manage anyone's money but our own, and we're not investment advisers. Again, our interest is solely in educating, amusing, and enriching.

Reb

being rebellious
I remember LizardKing's posts and I am probably one of the few who loved what he wrote.
Count me in the few

I've been thinking about the issue of ethics while reading this thread (since it was brought up). You either have ethics or you don't. Nobody coming here can take away ethics from someone, just as someone without ethics probably won't *suddenly develop* them one day.

Bravo!

There are many tools that are useful to the person who has incorrect, yet erroneous information on their credit report, and I believe this thread falls into that category. However, if someone wishes to use the tools to remove correct information, I don't really care. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to use whatever tools they have at hand in whatever way they wish.

FWIW

Louise

Very well stated!
No. of Recommendations: 10

Louise,

You're certainly correct that use of available tools is up to the individual.

Unlike you, though, I do care about misuse of those tools. Each misuse 1) removes an opportunity for that creditor to provide better service to existing customers, and 2) reinforces the immaturity of the "if you can't prove it, I don't owe it" attitude.

Item one costs me in terms of interest rates, fees, and service if my creditor has to deal with unwarranted appeals. Item two prevents me from taking anyone's word.

When strategies to avoid living up to one's agreements are invoked, we all lose. If you don't owe, fight like hell. But if you're tired of paying or just regret past decisions, clear 'em up and learn from your mistakes.

This message won't sway anyone trying to duck their debts, but it might open some eyes to the fact that it's the creditor's other customers (you and me), and not a faceless deep-pocketed corporation, that foot the bill for spurious claims.

Bruce
Bruce, I believe it is up to the credit-issuer to decide which claims are spurious and which aren't. You certainly aren't going to stop someone who lacks ethics from doing something you and I would not do. It is up to the credit issuer to decide in the long run. If I am unethical and want correct information removed from my credit report, it's up the the CRA to decide to remove it or not. They can *just say no* as well as you and I can.
Can't seem to find the "nutcase" letter, the link reference is the same as the "nice" letter, please advise!

Tnx,
Portland Fool
No. of Recommendations: 6
OK -- you freely admit your "use of tools" on this one, but perhaps the subject of your post should be "I SUCCESSFULLY MISREPRESENTED MY CREDIT" to accurately relect this?

Regards,
-a.
No. of Recommendations: 9
I'm more than happy to try to help others who aren't concerned about the ethical issues involved in doing as I have done.

FWIW, I called you a troll, not a liar. I believe you when you said you would do something unethical and wrong for your own self-benefit. So will you also be posting tips on embezzlement, tax evasion, identity theft, insurance fraud, and other ways to "work the system"?

Portland Fool, here's a link with the full sequence of nutcase letters. I can only take credit for the first one in the sequence; subsequent ones were developed by "betacredit" and others:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=160448#post160448

Hope this helps.

Doc
FWIW, I called you a troll, not a liar. I believe you when you said you would do something unethical and wrong for your own self-benefit. So will you also be posting tips on embezzlement, tax evasion, identity theft, insurance fraud, and other ways to "work the system"?

Don't forget adultery...glad I'm not married to him or Lizardking! Won't trust them any farther than I could throw them.

Utahtea
If I am unethical and want correct information removed from my credit report, it's up the the CRA to decide to remove it or not. They can *just say no* as well as you and I can.

From my understanding of this. You write the CRA a letter disputing what they have on record. If they can't get back to you in 30 days, then they have to remove it whether the information is correct or not. What guys like this are counting on is they don't have the man power to do the checking and get back to you in 30 days so the by law the CRA have to remove it. They can't *just say no*.

I see this scam working for a while then eventually the CRA will find a way to close up this loop whole and then it's only going to be harder for the people who really have a mistake on their report to get it fixed.

Utahtea

No. of Recommendations: 7
Utahtea wrote:
>>> Don't forget adultery...glad I'm not married to him
>>> or Lizardking! Won't trust them any farther than
>>> I could throw them.

Well don't forget murder, serial torture, abusive tickling, child hurling, really bad joke-telling, and leaving dirty socks about the house (and who knows what else!)... I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I really am an example of someone who doesn't fit the proven rule that anyone who "cleans" their credit reports the way I have done is almost surely a dishonest and abusive monster in every other aspect of his life. The fact is that I am guilty of driving too fast on I-40 when I visit my senior citizen parents across our long state of Tennessee. I also did steal a packet of sunflower seeds from Weona's dry good store when I was six years old, and my dad made me return them. Finally, I thought it would be funny to yell "fire" during a firedrill when I was in the seventh grade, and the vice principal made me suffer the well-deserved humiliation of going to every room in the school that afternoon and apologize personally before my guffawing peers. I hate to disappoint you about adultery, larceny, tax evasion, and all the other things that were mentioned in this thread as likelihoods. Maybe that's my destiny though -- having gotten away with credit "repair," maybe I'll forsake my honest friends and turn to a life of profound deceit and reprehensible crime! I would go to confession to cleanse myself, but I'm Jewish and the best I could probably get from Rabbi Becker would be something guilt-inducing along the lines of, "Why did you ruin your credit in the first place, you meshuggah?"

Meshuggahly yours,

Doc
Maybe that's my destiny though -- having gotten away with credit "repair," maybe I'll forsake my honest friends.

Doc,

You took the easy way out instead of working hard to repair your credit. Yes, I know what you did was work. All those letters, follow ups, phone calls, etc. Seems to me the work would have better been used for good instead of for deceit. I see nothing noble about what you did if the information on your credit report was truthfull.

What I'm trying to say is when someone works hard to do something that's not easy then they have accomplished something worth having. It would be someone like that that I would rather marry than someone who is going around bragging about how he cheated the CRA and wants to show others how to do it. IMHO if you can't be trusted in one area, then I'm not going to trust you in other areas and just by my first impression of you, your word means nothing to me.

I doubt if you see what I'm talking about, but there's honor in doing things with out deceit. I'm sorry you don't see it.

Utahtea

No problem, Utahtea. Basically what you're saying is that since I wasn't entirely honest with the credit bureaus when I alleged that certain tradelines had errors when they didn't that I am capable of all manner of other things in my daily life as well. I actually do follow your logic, and I certainly understand that you would consider me untrustworthy in every other way now. Thanks for the clarification.

As for adultery, though, I suppose that seemed to be a slam on me, my wife, and on our committed relationship. If you wanted to allege mistrust of me in financial areas, I would certainly understand since I do admit to being dishonest with the credit reporting agencies. On the other hand, generalizing that to my marriage really seemed a bit over the top -- like an ad hominem attack. Because I "repaired" my credit, you're suggesting that I whore around town with other women, which I certainly don't. This does remind me of a sociological curiosity, though: People say the damnedest things to men that they might not say to women. Of course, perhaps you would have alleged that kind of slutty behavior had I been a woman too, so I could be off the mark with respect to the gender question. Regardless, let me simply answer you with some dignity in this regard: Yes, I have always been faithful to my wife who I love more than I could represent in a simple bulletin board posting.

Doc
No problem, Utahtea. Basically what you're saying is that since I wasn't entirely honest with the credit bureaus when I alleged that certain tradelines had errors when they didn't that I am capable of all manner of other things in my daily life as well.

<snip>

As for adultery, though, I suppose that seemed to be a slam on me, my wife, and on our committed relationship.

I am not slamming your wife. I didn't even know you were married. What I'm saying is...if I were your wife and I knew you had been dishonest in one area, then I wouldn't always trust what you said was the truth. If you could lie so easly about one thing then why not to me. I'm glad you are happly married. So am I.

BTW, I know more woman who have cheated on their husbands then I've know men who have cheated on their wives. The comment about adulter would have been said no matter what sex you were.

Utahtea

I just copied the "goodwill" letter and I'm sending it off to Filene's as we speak.

Thanks, Doc.

-neondeion
p.s. with all the BS I've seen and read about cc's pulling I really don't feel that bad about anything Doc has done.
No. of Recommendations: 15
!)... I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I really am an example of someone who doesn't fit the proven rule that anyone who "cleans" their credit reports the way I have done is almost surely a dishonest and abusive monster in every other aspect of his life.

Well, you're a liar and a cheat and a thief, and you boast about it. So stop being surprised that we think you'll do anything for money, and then laugh about how someone else got suckered.

Nancy
I haven't read every post in this string. But are suggesting that you can have removed for your credit report negative information, such as late payments on a credit card, removed with a few agressive tactics?
Windowseat wrote:
>>> Well, you're a liar and a cheat and a thief, and you boast
>>> about it. So stop being surprised that we think you'll do
>>> anything for money, and then laugh about how someone
>>> else got suckered.

Debating the ethics of so-called credit "repair" (it's hardly "repair" to have late-pay history removed from a credit report) is something I'm willing to do I guess.

1) Nancy, I understand the "liar" part since I did misrepresent the accuracy of several late-pay tradelines. However the "thief" part puzzles me since I ultimately paid my debts 100% (please read my first post in this thread). I did not even negotiate reduced payments; rather, I paid, then I used several maneuvers to have the previous late-pay history removed (viz., the "goodwill" letter, the "nutcase" letter, a few regular CRA tradeline disputes, and finally three small claims lawsuits leveled against the CRAs for failing to verify disputes during the reasonable period mandated by the FCRA).

2) When you said that I would do "anything for money," that puzzles me as well since all three lawsuits were dropped in exchange for tradeline deletions rather than a monetary settlement (re: the summary links I referenced in this thread's first posting). Moreover, "anything for money" may suggest that I didn't pay my debts, which I certainly did.

3) Finally, Nancy, you mentioned that I "laugh about how someone else got suckered." Are you confusing me with someone else? I haven't laughed at anyone here, nor have I criticized anyone else's approach. If you are concerned that I have callously laughed at someone else's debt load, then you can simply reread my postings here and put that notion to bed. Also, "laugh about how someone else got suckered" assumes that I do not advocate paying outstanding debt which is entirely false.

On the Creditnet board I am seen as a bit of a middle-roader -- I believe we should pay our debts and have personally done so. On the other hand, I do not believe that credit reporting agencies play fair with the information they collect and sell about us, and I have no qualms (as I demonstrated) with being dishonest with them in order to produce a more favorable credit file.

My personal beliefs about the importance of repaying personal debt aside, I have seen people lose their homes, their marriages, and even custody of their children as a result of poor financial decisions that snowballed into disasters. For that reason, I believe that each person certainly does need to assess whether or not they can indeed repay their debts; as a result, I have recommended FDCPA validation sequences and even bankruptcy to others in certain cases.

Nancy, please let me know how the words "thief," "anything for money," and "laugh about how someone else got suckered" apply to what I have posted yesterday and today.

Doc
neondeion writes:
>>> Thanks, Doc.

Well, you're welcome, but I hardly did anything here so far except post the letters and tactics that helped me. Let me know if it does (or doesn't) work out for you with Filene's!

Doc
Windowseat wrote:
>>> You snickered at the credit agencies
>>> and the credit card companies didn't you?
>>> As far as I'm concerned you're scum.

No, actually I didn't snicker at the credit agencies or the credit card companies. I haven't snickered at anyone in fact. You clearly are thinking of someone else who has advocated challenging late-pay notations on credit bureau reports.

Doc
No. of Recommendations: 6
As for adultery, though, I suppose that seemed to be a slam on me, my wife, and on our committed relationship. If you wanted to allege mistrust of me in financial areas, I would certainly understand since I do admit to being dishonest with the credit reporting agencies. On the other hand, generalizing that to my marriage really seemed a bit over the top -- like an ad hominem attack. Because I "repaired" my credit, you're suggesting that I whore around town with other women, which I certainly don't. This does remind me of a sociological curiosity, though: People say the damnedest things to men that they might not say to women. Of course, perhaps you would have alleged that kind of slutty behavior had I been a woman too, so I could be off the mark with respect to the gender question. Regardless, let me simply answer you with some dignity in this regard: Yes, I have always been faithful to my wife who I love more than I could represent in a simple bulletin board posting.

You know the more I thought about your post I wonder why you had such an emotional reaction to the subject of adultery? You didn't like being associated with a man who broke his vows, did you?

Merrian-Webster Dictionary:
Main Entry: 1vow
: a solemn promise or assertion; specifically : one by which a person is bound to an act, service, or condition.

You shouldn't be so surprised when you fail this in even one small area of your life that people might believe it could happen in other more important areas of your life. Maybe you should take these negative post to you as a wake up call.

What is really to bad about this whole thread is you had some good information for people who have errors on their credit reports but it was lost because of the deceit you bosted about.

I also think you calling LizardKing an inspiration has some of us associating you with someone who did cheat the credit cards out of thousand and thousands of dollars and likes to bost about it. So just by assocation you have been condemned by some of us.

Utahtea

When you said that I would do "anything for money," that puzzles me

Why did you go to all this trouble? Was it to get a better FICO score so you could get a better interest rate on a loan? If so, then you will benefited financially from your actions.

Is it so hard to understand that some people who are financially responsible resent those who cheat to get where responsible ones have worked very hard to be.

Utahtea

No. of Recommendations: 5
You snickered at the credit agencies and the credit card companies didn't you?

As far as I'm concerned you're scum.

Nancy

We both have been here many years and quite frankly I am astonished at your response!
Do you work for these agencies?

Let me tell you what scum is and that is the CA's who hound people day & night and have driven many to attempted suicide or suicide itself.

I just went thru this with all the continual badgering threats etc.,,,,,, I am sure several posters have also had to endure their wretched treatment.

I used the same strategy as Physcdoc did. I finally got the derogatory remarks removed from my reports.

Oh My I must also be scum

Reb
IT WAS NOT MY DEBT and I endured all the crap they dished out!

I used the same strategy as Physcdoc did. I finally got the derogatory remarks removed from my reports.

Reb

It was HIS debt. And he admits to lying and cheating his way out of it.

If that's your attitude - that any business should be cheated, and lied to, while the rest of us help bear the cost, and that people and businesses should be manipulated, and strings should be pulled, and truth doesn't matter, than maybe you belong in the same box with him.

Nancy
Windowseat wrote:

>>> It was HIS debt. And he admits to lying and cheating
>>> his way out of it.

This woman clearly did not read my posts at all. Good grief.

Doc
This woman clearly did not read my posts at all. Good grief.

Doc

Dude ....

LET IT GO!!

If that's your attitude - that any business should be cheated, and lied to, while the rest of us help bear the cost, and that people and businesses should be manipulated, and strings should be pulled, and truth doesn't matter, than maybe you belong in the same box with him.

Nancy

If your attitude is that any business has a right to cheat me from my life,lie,threaten and do any underhanded trick they can whether right or wrong
to cause many days & nights of continual harassment while either on the job or at home.

Then from one Nancy to another p-box me
If your attitude is that any business has a right to cheat me from my life,lie,threaten and do any underhanded trick they can whether right or wrong
to cause many days & nights of continual harassment while either on the job or at home.

No, that isn't what I said. If the business is giving out false information, then you have the right to protect yourself.

But if what they're saying is the truth, then only time will mend the problem.

Nancy

No, that isn't what I said. If the business is giving out false information, then you have the right to protect yourself.

But if what they're saying is the truth, then only time will mend the problem.

Nancy

((((((((((((Nancy))))))))))))))

Thanks
Reb aka Nancy
You snickered at the credit agencies and the credit card companies didn't you?

As far as I'm concerned you're scum.

Nancy

We both have been here many years and quite frankly I am astonished at your response!
Do you work for these agencies?

Let me tell you what scum is and that is the CA's who hound people day & night and have driven many to attempted suicide or suicide itself.

I just went thru this with all the continual badgering threats etc.,,,,,, I am sure several posters have also had to endure their wretched treatment.

Reb

Reb -

Perhaps you're confusing credit agencies that keep track of credit reports (experian, transunion, and another one I don't remember offhand) with collection agencies that pester people behind with their payments.

Reb -

Perhaps you're confusing credit agencies that keep track of credit reports (experian, transunion, and another one I don't remember offhand) with collection agencies that pester people behind with their payments.

Yes my CA = collection agencies total scum

And they reported to the
CRA's= Credit Reporting Agencies finally repaired the mess
I haven't read every post in this string. But are suggesting that you can have removed for your credit report negative information, such as late payments on a credit card, removed with a few agressive tactics?

Ok, I went back and read through what this guy actually did and I'm actually a bit puzzled as to why he is getting strong negative reactions.

The first thing he did was write nice letters asking them too please take the negative info off. (after he had paid them off)

He was then talking about writing letters babbling about suing the companies to see if they'd take the info off if he sounded crazy.

Neither of these things is fraud. Or even necessarily a lie, maybe he WAS crazy enough to sue them over his bad credit, who knows?

So, how does that make him the lying, wife stealing, slimeball that was referred to in some earlier posts?

puzzleEd
Advertisement