Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mazske Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5084  
Subject: Re: FIRE entirely on salary Date: 1/6/2007 9:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I said,

mazske the FIRE Wannabee who hopes he can positively impact the world.

Primm so kindly replied saying,

I think you already have.

Primm

Thank you, Primm. However, what I did yesterday is already in the past, so I'm looking forward to going into the 9th grade classes come Monday morning.

When I look around me, I see children way back in Pre-K who may benefit from what I'm doing. As well, I see the kids I'm currently working with he may still benefit from my visits as time ticks on.

At this early stage of the game, I feel that if I quit my work, it would stop. The Book 'Em event would did out and my literacy programs would fade away.

However, the longer I do all of what I'm doing, and the more places that pick up on any facet of my work, the more the chances increase that the event and programs will survive.

That is my goal. I want to make the world a better place for my children.

Also, one last rambling thought. Look at it this way.

Currently, we have about 2 million prisoners in US prisons.

What if, over time, we could cut those numbers to 1 million due to 1 million more people getting their high school diplomas?

Out of those million who got their HS diplomas and who didn't go to prison, some would probably go on to do something great.

That greatness may be as simple as they will be around to be a parent to their children.

Or, maybe one of them will become a scientist who will invent something we all need. Or, maybe one will take over my work from me. The possibilities are endless.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement