Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I saw you posted on my Prosocial Portfolio discussion board and as a public-facing real-money portfolio on Fool.com, I am trying to "make money" for sure.

Granted I have some companies that do have attributes that are socially responsible and deal with some or hopefully all of the prongs in those areas which is part of the underlying point of the portfolio, but, I'm weighing, and I'm trying to diversify so that there are some more stable ones that are working on things like this, dividend payers, boring ones, as well as the growth stocks and a few more risky ones.

I mean, stodgy ones like Tennant, Interface (carpet), Fluor and so forth. Amazon's in there too -- I have a few "socially responsible" issues I'm not crazy about but it is a great company with a visionary management.

Maybe you've already checked it out. But, there are SRI investors (and some funds) that are in it to make money, while supporting the kinds of businesses they feel good about as well. Many aren't particularly "activists," either.

And yes, sometimes it's a matter of simply responsible great management, and a lot of Fools simply focus on that.

There are some lists I could post... would have to look around. (One fund I find super interesting -- Appleseed Fund. It has the SRI backbone but is deep value investing. You can find it on the web.)

Anyway. Thanks for posting on the portfolio board, and I'll try to check this board to see if people are talking here -- it's hard to keep up with all boards!

Alyce
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement