Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461  
Subject: Re: blowing off steam Date: 3/20/2001 12:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I see not much has changed. I guess I didn't miss much by not doing taxes this year, huh?

I felt last year that the biggest glitch in the whole plan was to task the preparer into getting the client into the other services the company offers. Who are their preparers? Housewives, retirees, college students, etc... looking for a little extra pocket money. Anyone good at closing sales is making much more than what HRB can offer with their pitiful commissions in other sectors of the economy. Sales isn't for everyone, which is why those who are good at it are worth their weight in gold.

I remember that the big push last year was Refund Rewards. I see that it's not offered this year. A commission on a RR was a whole $1.50 and the commission for doing a RAC/RAL was $4.50. Which product am I going to emphasize? Hmmmm? Gee, that a tough one, isn't it?

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it seems to me to be contrary to my financial best interest to forego an extra $3 in order for HRB to meet its internally imposed corporate goals. What's in it for me?

It seems obvious (even to me) that if the goal is to increase sales of Product A then financial incentives must be given to the preparers to market the product, but what do I know?

We had no post-it notes, paper clips, pens, etc.... We had to go buy our own. Unfortunately, by reading others posts who work in the company my experiences aren't uncommon.

This company had great potential to be a one-stop financial supermarket due to its dominant position in getting folks in the door to do their taxes, but the way they treat the people actually doing the work in the trenches amazes me.

I direct my comments to the District Managers and above. My Office Mgr was great, but she had to do what she was told.

I bought HRB solely because WEB must know something that I don't. Maybe some chamges will be made in KC?

wolverine
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement