UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757000  
Subject: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In the "Should Andrew become a Baron" thread I mentioned that Apple TV that it would have been stupid of me to buy. Well, I bought it. Why? Ignoring the fact that, yes, I am a moron (more on this later) I read how awesome it is if you have an iOS device (like my iPhone) and yadda-yadda-yadda. It was on sale, I'm making lots of extra money from football OT, why not?

Why not indeed. I didn't look at the fine print. The only output for Apple TV is HDMI. That's great if you have new TVs that have HDMI inputs. I, unfortunately, have old TVs (not ancient, bought within the last ten years!) with no HDMI inputs. So I have an order coming to me that doesn't work with any of the TVs I own. Well, great, so in order to use this thing I have to buy a new friggin' TV!

I figure I can replace the TV in the bedroom (no cable attached) with this, so it can be a smaller screen. Apple TV has 1080P output, might as well use it, so a 1080P screen. LCD isn't as good as LED, might as well go with LED. Should it be 22" or 24"? Pfft, I don't even know what size I have now, but 22" sounds tiny... and we're over $250 for some brand I never heard of that could be a knock-off of a knock-off.

Crap. I hate buying no-name stuff for purchases like this. If it's something cheap that I don't care if it lasts I'll go cheap. But for electronics that I hope to use for as long as I can I prefer quality (that's why I have an iPhone of course!) So now I'll be spending way more than I wanted to just to use something I shouldn't have bought in the first place if I had been thinking! "It's the wave of the future!!!" Friggin' tidal wave swamping me is what it is. Grrr!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement