UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744829  
Subject: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In the "Should Andrew become a Baron" thread I mentioned that Apple TV that it would have been stupid of me to buy. Well, I bought it. Why? Ignoring the fact that, yes, I am a moron (more on this later) I read how awesome it is if you have an iOS device (like my iPhone) and yadda-yadda-yadda. It was on sale, I'm making lots of extra money from football OT, why not?

Why not indeed. I didn't look at the fine print. The only output for Apple TV is HDMI. That's great if you have new TVs that have HDMI inputs. I, unfortunately, have old TVs (not ancient, bought within the last ten years!) with no HDMI inputs. So I have an order coming to me that doesn't work with any of the TVs I own. Well, great, so in order to use this thing I have to buy a new friggin' TV!

I figure I can replace the TV in the bedroom (no cable attached) with this, so it can be a smaller screen. Apple TV has 1080P output, might as well use it, so a 1080P screen. LCD isn't as good as LED, might as well go with LED. Should it be 22" or 24"? Pfft, I don't even know what size I have now, but 22" sounds tiny... and we're over $250 for some brand I never heard of that could be a knock-off of a knock-off.

Crap. I hate buying no-name stuff for purchases like this. If it's something cheap that I don't care if it lasts I'll go cheap. But for electronics that I hope to use for as long as I can I prefer quality (that's why I have an iPhone of course!) So now I'll be spending way more than I wanted to just to use something I shouldn't have bought in the first place if I had been thinking! "It's the wave of the future!!!" Friggin' tidal wave swamping me is what it is. Grrr!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649260 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 12:55 PM
Colovion
Crap. I hate buying no-name stuff for purchases like this. If it's something cheap that I don't care if it lasts I'll go cheap. But for electronics that I hope to use for as long as I can I prefer quality (that's why I have an iPhone of course!) So now I'll be spending way more than I wanted to just to use something I shouldn't have bought in the first place if I had been thinking! "It's the wave of the future!!!" Friggin' tidal wave swamping me is what it is. Grrr!

There is a downside to bying high quality electonics.

If you pay more money for higher quality, you'll most likely keep it for quite a long time. Which sounds good. Except...the tech changes so quickly every few years that your espensive system is no longer state-of-the-art and you find you can buy something better at a fraction of the cost of your current system.

I did that in 2000. Bought my 1st big screen projection Sony TV for $3k. Within 5 years, I could by a flat screen for 1/2 that cost. Now 1/6. But it keeps on going and has never stopped working...hence the high quality. I'm chomping at the bits to get a plasma or some other flat screen but I can't justify it knowing I have that 3k behometh still working. <g>

decath

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649269 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 1:19 PM
Recommendations: 0
Same with my Sony Trinitron, decath. Can't justify buying a new awesome flat screen while this relative behemoth is working just fine.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649276 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 1:28 PM
Same with my Sony Trinitron, decath. Can't justify buying a new awesome flat screen while this relative behemoth is working just fine.

CC

Can you give it to a friend or relative?

I have a 1998 20" Sony Trinitron. Great television so I can't justify replacing it with a modern flat screen. However my mom's 1998 Zenith 25 inch color console CRT television set is starting to die. My mom watches little television because she's a talk radio junkie. I plan to give her the Sony television so I could free up space for a nice 42" LG LED-LCD flat screen that Michael Read recommended. Looking at a LG Blu Ray player with HDMI cable and a ZVOX soundbar with a TOSLINK optical digital to complete my setup.

All I now have to do is stop procastinating and head out to the big store store to buy the television. <g>

One more thing, if that Sony is a 32 inch unit good luck trying to move it. That is one heavy television.

Mike

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649279 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 1:36 PM
There is a downside to bying high quality electonics.

Good point. Sort of the reason I have two TVs that work fine other than the fact that neither has an HDMI input, which wasn't a concern at all when I bought them of course but, now... d'oh!

Might as well get a cheapo bedroom TV to use with the Apple TV box, just bide time until we need to replace the main TV then get a good one (with HDMI of course) and utilize the Apple TV with it. Hell, by then I might need a new Apple TV anyway!

Looks like I'll be able to get something for well under $200. Sure, still not an expense I wanted to have but not nearly as bad.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649282 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 1:42 PM
You know what, Mike? I'm going to put an ad in Craigslist and see if I can donate it to a worthy cause.

I had an office chair that, after it was assembled, was so uncomfortable, so I sold it on Craigslist at half the price to a nice gentleman who could not have afforded more. He was delighted.

(I keep forgetting about Craigslist.)

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649284 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 1:45 PM
Same with my Sony Trinitron

Can you give it to a friend or relative?

We got rid of a perfectly functioning 217-lb Trinitron when we got our big flatscreen. We tried to give it away, called all the places we could think of, but nobody wanted it. We finally made peace with the need to have the folks who would come to deliver the new TV take the old one away and trash it. Creative destruction and all that.

--fleg

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649302 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 2:23 PM
fleg
We got rid of a perfectly functioning 217-lb Trinitron when we got our big flatscreen. We tried to give it away, called all the places we could think of, but nobody wanted it. We finally made peace with the need to have the folks who would come to deliver the new TV take the old one away and trash it. Creative destruction and all that.

--fleg

On an annual basis, I update my networth statement. On the assets side, I usually have a fairly high chunk of money for equipment...which includes tools and lawn equipment. Since I used to live on 5 acres and currently live on 2, I still have a fair amount of must needed equipment to take care of all the trees, shrubs, lawn. Then you have the air compressor, tiller etc..

Sometime around 2008, I estimated how much my equipment was worth and I kept coming about 1500 to 2000 less than the statement. I finally realized that I had been including the 53" Sony projection TV as to being worth about $2000. Doh. Maybe $20. <g>

decath

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649307 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 2:29 PM
fleg

--fleg

Hey Decath,

I know you are usually in training, I know my last bought was with working with irregularly shaped objects, helps build the less accessed but important balancing muscles, as I am sure you know

If you can find one of these it might be a win/win<grin>

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649335 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 3:46 PM
"I, unfortunately, have old TVs (not ancient, bought within the last ten years!) with no HDMI inputs." - colovion

Me too. That's the reason I haven't bought a Roku box yet. Until I have a TV with HDMI inputs I won't either. Maybe Christmas?

Problem is all our TV's work fine.

Art

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649336 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 3:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
HEck, I"m watching a 1992 25 inch color set with analog only input. I have to kluge it to watch my DVD....it has to go through my 35 year old VCR......video and audio separate.....

One of these years I'll buy a nice 50-60 inch flatscreen

t.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649341 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 4:05 PM
"One of these years I'll buy a nice 50-60 inch flatscreen." - tele

Heh heh heh! Sounds like me. It's not that I can't afford it either. It's that the three TV's we got now all work fine. I paid $40 to my sister for the big 27" TV in our bedroom. It's a good TV. Heavy as hell though. We do have a little 19" flat screen in our guest room Lindytoes gave to us. Since she's the one that visits us most often she can sit in here and watch all her political news stuff, CNN and MSNBC? We have a 32" Sony flat screen TV in our living room that is hooked up to digital cable.

I can't bring myself to junk a perfectly good TV. It's not who I am.

Art

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649343 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 4:24 PM

I can't help but laugh at this thread.

I have a big ole' Mitsubishi in my 'front room' (spare living room). It drives my wife nuts. But it is a great 40 inch TV

Sure it ain't getting top end video anymore, but my eyes ain't what they were either, so I figure we're about even.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649344 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 4:28 PM
Heh heh heh! Sounds like me. It's not that I can't afford it either. It's that the three TV's we got now all work fine. I paid $40 to my sister for the big 27" TV in our bedroom. It's a good TV. Heavy as hell though. We do have a little 19" flat screen in our guest room Lindytoes gave to us. Since she's the one that visits us most often she can sit in here and watch all her political news stuff, CNN and MSNBC? We have a 32" Sony flat screen TV in our living room that is hooked up to digital cable.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I was majorly bummed when my 35" picture tube tv in the living room went down, i replaced it with a 55" Samsung HD set. The difference is unbelievable! Sometimes i'll flip in between a channel in HD and the one in regular D, it's night and day. I agree though, i wouldn't change it til the one you have goes down, that's the way i am too, but be ready to be impressed when your picture tube tv goes down.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649346 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 4:35 PM
I have a big ole' Mitsubishi in my 'front room' (spare living room). It drives my wife nuts. But it is a great 40 inch TV.
------------------------------------------------
I remember lusting after the 40" Mitsubishi. It was the largest picture tube tv when it came out i think, the biggest other make was 35". I always hated those projection tv's, bunch of garbage i thought.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649350 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 5:06 PM
I have a dead 35 inch Mitsubishi....... siting in the nook in the living room. Weighs like 120 lbs..... Haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet.....the town wants $20 if you haul it to their disposal facility to dispose of it..and you have to take it there the one Saturday a month they are open..and pay them money to take it.

t.

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649352 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 5:08 PM
Colovion:

Save your money and buy a HDMI to component converter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/770115-REG/KanexPro_HD...

MichaelR

Author: kittykitty6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649373 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 6:22 PM
Me too. That's the reason I haven't bought a Roku box yet.

We have an old TV today too, and we have a Roku. Most Roku models should have composite video and audio output.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649375 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/17/2012 6:24 PM
We have an old TV today too, and we have a Roku. Most Roku models should have composite video and audio output.
kittykitty

>>>>>>>>>
there you are!, where have you been? watching your Roku, I bet.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649451 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 12:38 AM
"I have a dead 35 inch Mitsubishi....... siting in the nook in the living room. Weighs like 120 lbs..... Haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet.....the town wants $20 if you haul it to their disposal facility to dispose of it..and you have to take it there the one Saturday a month they are open..and pay them money to take it." - tele
-----------------

Target practice. Haul it out in the desert on one of your trips one day and blast it to pieces with one of your big guns. Fun as hell. Blow it to smithereens. Then push what's left of it down into some arroyo and let the desert sands cover it up.

Artie

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649452 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 12:42 AM
"Colovion: Save your money and buy a HDMI to component converter."

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/770115-REG/KanexPro_HD......

MichaelR

----------------

That's what I need. I bookmarked that page. I wonder if RadioShack sells something similar? I don't like buying stuff off the internet if I can help it. You mentioned something similar a few weeks ago but I didn't understand what you were talking about. It sounded like techno babble to me. Seeing the picture though I think I understand now.

When I get back from my trip I'll go to Radio Shack and see if they have one first before I give out my credit card number to some shyster over the internet.

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649453 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 12:51 AM
"We have an old TV today too, and we have a Roku. Most Roku models should have composite video and audio output." - kittykitty

Huh? The sales people (kids) at Wal-Mart that worked in the electronic section told me the Roku boxes didn't have the three pronged hole doo-hickey composite video and audio output? That is what you are talking about isn't it? The "red-yellow-white" wires that you plug into the holes in your TV/DVD players?

Art

Author: kittykitty6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649469 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 4:35 AM
Huh? The sales people (kids) at Wal-Mart that worked in the electronic section told me the Roku boxes didn't have the three pronged hole doo-hickey composite video and audio output? That is what you are talking about isn't it? The "red-yellow-white" wires that you plug into the holes in your TV/DVD players?

That's right.

Here's a breakdown on the Roku site - hope this helps:

http://support.roku.com/entries/221022-how-does-the-roku-pla...

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649471 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 8:04 AM
Problem is all our TV's work fine.

Turns out the TV in our bedroom has a 20" screen, so even if I buy a 22" TV it'll be an upgrade, and Walmart has a decent 22" flat screen LED 1080p with two HDMI inputs for $134. Pretty good deal! Of course I need a HDMI cable too, but per CNET you shouldn't ever spend more than $10 on one as the cheapo cables work just fine for them and they abuse them far more than someone will do at home (and connect them to all sorts of TVs/components to boot with no problems!) I found one at Walmart.com for less than $5. I can get free shipping if I have it sent to the local Walmart (I just have to wait a few extra days) so for $150 (tax included) I'll be good to go with a bigger and better TV that works with what I bought.

That or I can spend $150 to become a baron of Sealand of course ;-)

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649480 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 8:53 AM
Recommendations: 2

Art

-------------------------------

SLIPPERY PETE: Well, I need a battery for this kind of a job. Can I at least steal a battery?

GEORGE: Fine. Steal the battery. Now, all right, here is the Frogger. This is the front door, and this is the outlet.

SLIPPERY PETE: What's that?

GEORGE: The outlet?

SLIPPERY PETE: Mm-hmm.

GEORGE: That's where the electricity comes out.

SLIPPERY PETE: Oh, you mean the holes.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649489 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 9:37 AM
Save your money and buy a HDMI to component converter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/770115-REG/KanexPro_HD......

Good idea, my only concern is this:

however it does not support HDMI devices that are HDCP encrypted.

I'll have to check on that. Not sure if Apple TV is HDCP encrypted.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649499 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 10:01 AM
And, as expected, Apple TV is HDCP encrypted so that converter would be useless for me unfortunately. No saving $100 with that option, d'oh! Thanks for the suggestion anyway, it was a valiant effort!

Author: kittykitty6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649565 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 1:04 PM
Recommendations: 4
there you are!, where have you been? watching your Roku, I bet.

Nope. I've been swinging in a hammock in northern Wisconsin, watching the pine trees sway overhead, enjoying fresh cold air off the bay, admiring the fall colors, drinking a lot of brandy old-fashionds and eating freshly caught whitefish at supper clubs, hiking in beautiful old-growth forests for 10 miles a day, and marveling over the ability to buy cheese curds at gas stations.

Now we're back in Baltimore, where, it's true, the main entertainment option is the Roku.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649575 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 1:25 PM
Turns out the TV in our bedroom has a 20" screen, so even if I buy a 22" TV it'll be an upgrade

Not so fast there, Sparky. If your 20" TV is not a flat screen, the new 22" is likely to be an upgrade in picture quality but it may actually be a downgrade in picture size.

That's because unless you are getting HD in the bedroom, you need to use the same 4:3 aspect ratio of old-style TVs and that will leave blank spaces on either side of the picture. If you don't, the picture will be stretched out horizontally and look very unnatural -- we can't watch it like that.

We have a 32" in the bedroom and the picture size for non-HD programming is 26". So your 22" will give you a picture size of about 18", smaller than what you have now.

If you have HD in the bedroom, never mind.

--fleg

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649683 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 8:38 PM
I have a dead 35 inch Mitsubishi....... siting in the nook in the living room. Weighs like 120 lbs..... Haven't figured out how to get rid of it yet.....the town wants $20 if you haul it to their disposal facility to dispose of it..and you have to take it there the one Saturday a month they are open..and pay them money to take it.

That's what you have to do, then. (You might find an office-supply chain store that will take it. One of them does take old electronics, not sure about old TVs. I forget which one, and haven't a clue about fees, but at least they are open more hours.)

Even if it worked - most charities won't accept tube TVs/monitors any more.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649686 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/18/2012 9:13 PM
Every year there is an E-Waste Recycling event here in Ann Arbor. You drive up, pop your trunk and all of the electronic waste you've accumulated over the year is whisked away by a bunch of volunteers. No cost, other than the gas money it takes to get there (and its held less than three miles from where I live, so it doesn't cost me much at all!)

If I don't find a taker for my old TV I'll just toss it into a closet until Earf Day rolls around (that's when it's held).

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649889 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/19/2012 9:01 PM
Recommendations: 7
That or I can spend $150 to become a baron of Sealand of course ;-)

Well, I did it! Just a few minutes ago I placed my order. I should have my official framed certificate of title, signed by Sealand's Prince Michael, in my hands in about two weeks.

Total cost, including shipping: £69.98. (According to the online converter I used, that should come out to about $112.)

-Andrew, Baron of the Principality of Sealand
"E Mare Libertas."

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649890 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/19/2012 9:06 PM
That's because unless you are getting HD in the bedroom, you need to use the same 4:3 aspect ratio of old-style TVs and that will leave blank spaces on either side of the picture. If you don't, the picture will be stretched out horizontally and look very unnatural -- we can't watch it like that.

Good lord, is that why so many movies I watch on cable look funny on my 1988 13-inch Toshiba set? Black space to the top, black space to the bottom, and entire movie is on this very narrow horizontal strip. Very hard on these 1961-model eyes.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649891 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/19/2012 9:09 PM
Every year there is an E-Waste Recycling event here in Ann Arbor. You drive up, pop your trunk and all of the electronic waste you've accumulated over the year is whisked away by a bunch of volunteers. No cost, other than the gas money it takes to get there (and its held less than three miles from where I live, so it doesn't cost me much at all!)

Yet another advantage to living in a highrise. If I need to dispose of something like that, I just leave it on the floor next to the trash chute in a little room off the main hallway, and maintenance comes around and picks it up and does whatever they do with it.

I can't imagine traveling all over just to throw things out, fee or no fee.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649893 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/19/2012 9:21 PM
Andrew, Baron of the Principality of Sealand
"E Mare Libertas."
------------------

Free the girl horse? Kidding. Congrats, Sir Andrew. If that's what you wanted, I'm glad you did it.

arrete

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649896 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/19/2012 9:48 PM
Free the girl horse? Kidding. Congrats, Sir Andrew. If that's what you wanted, I'm glad you did it.

arrete

Thank you!

In case anyone's interested, this is what my certificate will look like (only with my own name, of course):

http://www.joakimlund.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Baron-J...

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649909 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/20/2012 12:20 AM
That's right. Here's a breakdown on the Roku site - hope this helps:" - kittykitty

http://support.roku.com/entries/221022-how-does-the-roku-pla......

Mmmm? What your site tells me is I shouldn't even need a special HDMI to composite doo-hickey. The composite hookup comes standard with the Roku box.

I need to go back to Wal-mart and open a box and look inside - without getting caught.

Art

Author: kittykitty6 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649925 of 744829
Subject: Re: I should have listened to myself Date: 10/20/2012 8:49 AM
I need to go back to Wal-mart and open a box and look inside - without getting caught.

Or you could just buy this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KEZMX4/ref=wms_ohs_prod...

That's the one we have, but we do get free shipping from Amazon, so maybe that's why you're getting it from Walmart.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement