UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Chipsboss Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 735027  
Subject: Re: ORP Calculator Date: 3/29/2000 2:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I sold my house yesterday, after living here 26 years. I'm moving to the next state, buying a new house there, fighting a head-cold, and helping my best friend with recovery from recent (fortunately, minor) surgery. So, I'm a bit backed up in responding. Here's a start:

I guess this is another point to bring up with the OPR programmers. Can they provide the user with an opportunity to choose or mix and match withdrawals from taxable and tax-deferred at the same time? Did you ask them to do so?

I haven't asked them just this question. You might send it to them through the ORP site. (You or I might invite ORP's chief guy over here to read this discussion.) They welcome response and plan continuing enhancements of ORP. Unfortunately for me, they plan eventually to charge for access to ORP. That'll wreck my plan of recommending it to people, because it no longer looks disinterested on my part. Anyway, if you send in your reactions to ORP, you'll apparently get on a list of people who have free access to ORP for another year.

I will leave some funds to charity and, for the same reasons you articulate, it wouldn't take much to convince me that the Taxpayer's Union should be one of my beneficiaries.

Wonderful if you do. But be careful -- the National Taxpayers Union is not tax exempt but the National Taxpayers Union Foundation is tax exempt. NTU separates is advocacy in one organization from its tax-free education efforts in another, although the two organizations share facilities in Alexandria, Virginia.
http://www.ntu.org for National Taxpayers Union http://www.guidestar.org "the donors guide to the charitable universe" is useful for checking on tax-exempt status Also, there may be some advantage in splitting your IRA accounts, so that an IRA that goes to a charity (with infinite life expectancy) does not also have a living heir (with finite life expectancy).

More on Solver and Excel later, when my head is clearer.

Be well,

the Sniffling Chips, who wishes he were riding a bicycle down Haleakala's slopes right now

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement