Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JeanDavid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 135  
Subject: Re: Rats. Date: 10/13/2003 9:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I started biting again, after 10+ years. I tried the acrylic trick that worked last time, but my nails are so weak they like to rip....so i just "help" them along. Nail, cuticle, I do it all. Does anyone know where I can get that icky tasting nail polish?

When I was a kid old enough to stop biting my fingernails, my parents got a product named "Thum" or some such thing. Anyhow, it was cayenne pepper or something like that in a suitable binder. The idea was that I got my fingernails painted with that and whenever I put them in my mouth, I would take them out right away. It did not work.

1.) I did not mind the taste. Tabasco sause is too mild and has to much vinagre. I prefer "After Death" or "Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce."

2.) Whenever I stuck my fingers in my eyes, it hurt like ^#((.

Perhaps they should have tried to find out why I was so shy, anxious, depressed, etc., but they did not take enough interest in me or my sisters to even notice the problems we had.

I have gotten a little better at it over the last year.

1.) I am 65. I have a friend who was 7 last Friday. She was trying to stop biting her fingernails and toenails. I do not bite my toenails: I just break them off. So we are having a contest to see who can go the longest without biting. I am ahead. I still break off my toenails, but not my fingernails.

2.) What I do is trim my fingernails every other day short enough so I cannot easily bite them. I am not sure why this does not work on toenails.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement