No. of Recommendations: 0
I started the year working for employer A and contributed $2K to a 401(k). I'm now working at employer B. Am I responsible for ensuring that my contributions to this second 401(k) do not exceed $8K?

I believe you are. Things may have changed but that was the rule when I did tax prep work for Block and later for VITA.

I have no idea which publication to check. I'd start with Pub 17, it is the one publication that has something of value on every topic for the individual. Your question may be too specialized for it but it would help point you toward what other publication to download.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.