No. of Recommendations: 0
I subscribed for several years when living in CA and receiving my paper on my front porch every morning. It gave all the market information for the previous day before the market opened for the next day. I found it organized in a manner I liked better than Wall Street Journal.
Then I moved to VA and my IBD came in the mail, and arrived a day later. I found it a lot less useful and dropped the subscription.
If you are active in your investing, and do a couple trades a month, I find up-to-date information essential. You can choose between IBD and WSJ. If you are strictly buy-and-hold, the tables in a big Sunday paper will do.
There was a mutual fund for awhile using Canslim investing; it didn't do well in a bear market.
Apart from CANSLIM, I like IBD and probably would pay the price if there were an early morning delivery as opposed to coming in the mail. And that, of course, is a matter of volume of subscriptions. I like it for the news and articles, and the %rankings of stocks, extra numbers by each listing that is not given in WSJ.
Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement