No. of Recommendations: 2
I suggest eliminating the lawn. They are ecologically unsound. The only natural thing thta approaches a lawn is a grazed pature and thats a far differnt thing. Lawns usually require chemicals such as pesticide and fertalizer, which eventually get into the watercourses and wetlands and cause an abundance of notrogen which leads overly large plant growth and lowering of oxygen. I maintain onlky a very small lawn, about 8 ft by 30 ft and mow it with an electric mower. What a pleasure, plug it in, the noise is about a quarter of a gas job, it doesn't stink, its starts with the flip of a switch! Think about planting native ground cover and native shrubs and minimizing your lawn. Lawns also provide poor habitat for most species of birds, you know the guys who eat the insects, when compared to ground cover. sorry to bug you, its a pet peeve of mine. Anyway, give it a little thought.
Kim

Sorry
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement