Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I suspect that you are at bottom a far healthier person than that, and I think you'll heal quickly.

I wish that were the case, but the truth is I don't heal quickly. Not with the relationships that meant most to me.

It took me 2 1/2 years to seriously start dating date after the ex-DH and I split, and I was only 22 at the time. Yes, I had an almost 3 year old, but what 22 year old doesn't want to date? I'd go out occasionally just to shut my family up, but I didn't want to do it.

This relationship was the deepest and most important of all. He was my family, it didn't matter that we weren't planning to ever marry. I know this might sound horrible to some, but he is even more my life then my daughter is. DO NOT get me wrong, I love my daughter to death and would lay down my life for her, but she's almost 19 now and I rarely see her. Her BF and friends are her priorities and that's ok, it's how it goes. For the last couple years I had been waiting patiently for this...the additional freedom he and I would have for ourselves. I was so looking forward to it and now it's gone just like that.

I'm going to have to stop now because I'm crying again, but thank you for your comments. I do appreciate it more than you know.

Donna
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement