UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (379) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: crickettehkr One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308349  
Subject: Re: HERE IT IS - MY MAJOR CC DEBT !!! Date: 3/1/2007 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think all that you are doing is a very positive step for your family. Once you get into the swing of things (preparing lunches, coupon clipping, etc.) saving will become second nature. Remember gasbuddy.com for cheap gasoline prices in your area!

As for your DH's restore car, I know how he feels. I've been a "car guy" since I was born. Dad raced cars along the eastcoast and I would sit in the grandstands watching him (and he was just a guy from The Bronx!). I have a 1997 Mustang convertible and either I do work on it or my friends help me. I was told replacing headlights would cost me about $400.00 at the dealership and I needed to do this to pass inspection. I found brand new headlights from a seller on eBay for $80.00 with shipping and my friend installed them for me. If the car isn't costing you anything, I wouldn't push the selling. Perhaps he could work off some of HIS stress restoring the car. Not to sell for a profit (that may come later), but something he can do for him. Spending money on luxuries is just out of the question right now, and if he can go around to the junk yards in Queens and Brooklyn, I am sure he will be able to find parts. Just a thought about helping him with his stress and anger. Have him watch Barrett Jackson to see just what restored cars sell for!

I hope that you are taking care of YOU during all this... You seem to be the glue holding everything together, so take care of you when you can.

Hope
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (379) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement