No. of Recommendations: 0
I think BF is correct. Why bother paying premiums AT ALL if you cannot make a legitimate claim and have NO PENALTY as a result? It seems absurd to me. Just ranting...

Your mortgage company requires it but also you need homeowners insurance in case of a castrophic loss. We are renting out the house my husband bought before we were married. Several years ago the house burned. It was about a 98% loss. Repairs were around $140,000. Insurance covered approximately $130,000. Handling the complete loss of a property is not something most homeowners are in a position to handle.

Frequently it is not the size of the claim but the quantity of the claims. Since small claims can no longer be filed, it is reasonable to have a high deductible.


Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.