UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137196  
Subject: Re: Christie is dead to me Date: 3/1/2013 1:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think Christie's attitude was better for the time, I also think he would have looked and heard everything, then acted. Heck, I supported Romney over Obama, but I couldn't follow his plans from week to week without getting a bit dizzy. Heck, most R's here were too embarrassed to engage in tax discussions given previous statements.

I think Christie would have been a leader, something we lack now.

OK, just curious on that one. I agree Romney was very much reactive, and that was just dumb. In this media environment Republicans need to be simple and consistent and comically focused.

Romney and Ryan fell for the trap of responding to too wide an array of issues, and appeared as if they were not focused, I thought that was great work by the media and lousy work by Romney too\____________________________

As far as the Conservatives fell behind Romney although they did not agree with a lot. Yep, and if they are sane they will next time to. For someone who seems to want compromise you have an odd reaction to it. You do not attack your candidate during the general election, that is pretty obvious.

On the other hand as they did with Bush they would have assailed Romney when he went off course.

This is is direct contrast to what Dems do. When in office and doing a complete 180 on issue after issue, they not only do not criticize, but circle the wagons and defend as well as sending out scout parties to attack anything that moves to take the focus off the malfeasance.

These are not analogous behaviors of 2 dissimilar groups, IMO acting as if they are alike is huge diservice, they are not remotely alike
In fact IMO you are playing the game the Dems desire to and in fact do play --- sure something may be unimaginably bad, but look at the other guys they are not perfect.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement