No. of Recommendations: 0
I think edgeseeker using Morningstar data might get me close to what I want in the short term. I've only glanced at the userguide, so I don't now for sure if I can get the Morningstar data with edgeseeker though. I hope so because I like their data format. Also, I'd be more inclined to trust Morningstar for accurate data than some company I've never heard of.

What I really want is a sophisticated screener that looks at specific ratios and other factors. Once I have candidates matching the screen criteria I'd get a bunch of other factors for each company and downselect from there. The screener I use on Schwab is good, but not nearly as detailed as I want. Maybe Street Smart Edge is better than the std screener there...

Thanks everyone for your help. I can move my project along a little more now.

When I make some progress with this I'll come back here and let you know what I was able to accomplish.

M
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement