Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think I figured out how to get into the ball park with this:

take the profit from the stock that is the 20% rate that was easy.

then I went to last years K1:

(loss suspended from current year 2013) + (ending capital account)= total taxable income

then calculate amount at the 33% tax rate and I got my ball park number.

if there is more losses then at least I got a worse case. what do you think? bricks anyone?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.