No. of Recommendations: 1
I think I know what you're asking.

Each plan is a separate plan with Computershare for each company. You would get the money from what you sold. Any other company within Computershare's service you have to deal with it separately.

GE has a DSPP (Direct Share Purchase Plan) I'm not familiar with PM if they have a DSPP. Some companies served by Computershare only have a DRIP if you already own at least one share in your name.

If PM does have a DSPP then you would fill out the application for such, and send Computershare funds for that. As I said before I'm not familiar with PM, but more than likely they would have a minimum of $500 required to start. If possible you could start with PM before you sold your GE. After all GE increased their dividend recently and that bodes well for future increases. GE is on the mend. I would look into GE further before you sell. depending on how many shares you have maybe you could sell part of your GE shares and use those funds after you receive them to cover your PM investment.

If still in doubt, your best bet is to contact them directly.

hope this helps.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.