Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think I was able to answer my own question.

I had reported my $2000 1998 Roth recharacterization on form 8606. Now, for 1999 I again report a $2000 recharacterization on form 8606, even though I actually only performed one recharacterization.

I reported the gross distribution from my 1999 1099-R on line 15a of my 1040. Line 15b on the 1040 is listed as zero.

Please let me know if I did not handel this correctly.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.