UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mathetes Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 260  
Subject: Re: Anyone home? EXCEL data extraction? Date: 4/26/2007 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think I was the one who started this particular board, years ago, and I still keep it for sentimental reasons among my "favorites," but obviously don't check all that often.

In any event, yes, indeed, it is fairly easy to pull in data from SIPro databases (or, more exactly, to export from SIPro into Excel) ... and I used to do it all the time, and even developed some really neat ways in Excel to process the data, comparing individual company histories against one another and the industry or sector averages ... etc.

But for various family reasons, I have not had time to keep up with SI Pro, so I've let that subscription lapse (still an AAII member, but relatively passive, just reading the occasional article).

Once you've exported, you really will want to be able to use Excel's database functions, but they're more than adequate, and a lot easier than doing stuff within SIPro (unless they've made massive improvements since I stopped using it)...

There is a forum on the AAII website, and you might find more active interest there. You might ...

Hope that helps,
Mathetes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement