UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Re: Formatting thoughts Date: 8/28/2008 1:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I think if we want format standards, we should create a format guideline FAQ and have it placed in the Announcements column to the right and added to the Getting Started page.

Here's where a goodly portion of the info can be found:

http://wiki.fool.com/wiki/Help:Styleguide
http://wiki.fool.com/wiki/Help:Formatting

Had I remembered to go review those pages, I could have saved myself posting the question in the first place. (Although a little clarification never hurts, I suppose.)

One of the things I am finding that is unfortunate as I age, is that without proper sleep, my mind just simply doesn't function as well as I wish it would. I "forget" stuff I already knew, or forget that I've forgotten that I knew it... do you see a pattern developing here?

Also note: You can even edit the "Help" pages for all of us here on Flossary! When I first started, I didn't understand how to type the multiple quotation marks around words/phrases to get the desired effect (either formatting for italics or bold). So I went in and edited that section on the formatting page to clarify it for others who might not be up-to-speed on such things.

The entire wiki, more or less, is subject to change, refinement, clarifying... in other words, we have the freedom to make it as fabulous as we possibly can. For both ourselves and ultimately, the general public.

So, if you see a need that has not been addressed... consider addressing it! I tell you, the power engendered can make one positively giddy. (lol)

Best regards,
Kathie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement